Please Help Me Design These Cakes.

Decorating By handymama Updated 19 Jun 2008 , 12:24pm by handymama

handymama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
handymama Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 1:03pm
post #1 of 6

While my new bakery (attached to the back of our garage) has been under construction our neighbors have kindly and without complaint put up with a lot of mess and vehicles. Another friend has graciously stored my assorted incoming items in his garage for several weeks. I'd like the first cakes from my bakery to be "Thank You's" for these friends. Creative design is my weak area so I'm looking to the great brains of CC for suggestions. What would you do?? TIA

5 replies
Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 1:40pm
post #2 of 6

How about cakes with "Thank you" written all over and around them in different languages. Or do you have a special style of cake that is YOUR fav. The sky is the limit. Just don't forget to throw in a few business cards when you hand the cakes out.

handymama Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 3:26pm
post #3 of 6

Ooooh--excellent suggestion about the business cards, and I like your decorating idea, too.

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 5:49pm
post #4 of 6

First thing I thought of was a house under construction/going crazy and two patient neighbors to the side w/a "Thanks for forgiving the madness"

the other one can be boxes w/thank you written over them.

bartar01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bartar01 Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 10:08am
post #5 of 6

What size cakes are you looking to do? If you want something bigger, the suggestion above is an excellent one. If you want something smalller, you could always make a tool, like a wrench or a hammer, and put a message on them.

handymama Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 12:24pm
post #6 of 6

Not big--just for two people, so the tool idea is great. It's also something I could easily do.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%