Anybody Use Chocopan Fondant?

Decorating By southaustingirl Updated 17 Jun 2008 , 5:12pm by tiggy2

southaustingirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southaustingirl Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 12:29pm
post #1 of 6

I use it for the first time to decorate cookies. It seem very 'stretchy'....didn't like working with it as much as I do RBC. I thought it tasted better than Satin Ice fondant.

Has anyone tried this on a cake?I wanted to use the dark chocolate ChocoPan ofr a purse cake next month.

5 replies
wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 2:15pm
post #2 of 6

I "retire" my chocopan after May icon_sad.gif .. it just gets too hard to cover a cake with in the summer but I do use it for decorations icon_smile.gif

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 2:27pm
post #3 of 6

Good to know. I've never used it this product. Doesn't sound like the best option. icon_rolleyes.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 2:31pm
post #4 of 6

Oh now don't get me wrong.. I LOVE this product.. but it is chocolate.. and in the summer months can be a pain to work with... I colored some last week to try to cover a cake with (white chocolate) and with the MINIMAL amt. of coloring and it just didn't work... but I did roll it into some decos icon_smile.gif

southaustingirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southaustingirl Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 4:10pm
post #5 of 6

It was rather hot and humid the day I decorated cookies so I am sure it had an effect on the ChocoPan.

maybe I won't attempt to cover a cake with it........when it's 100 degrees outside and 75% humiduty!!!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 5:12pm
post #6 of 6

I covered my topsy turvy cake (in my photos) with it and I love it. It is a little harder to work with but the taste makes it worth it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%