Flavoring Premade Fondant

Decorating By SAM1762 Updated 19 Jun 2008 , 10:47am by bartar01

SAM1762 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SAM1762 Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 11:48am
post #1 of 5

I recently made my first cake with rolled fondant and it came out nice but the flavor of the fondant wasn't very good. I wonder if you can use flavorings on fondant?
Thanks
SAM

4 replies
Shola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shola Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 12:26pm
post #2 of 5

Hi,
I've flavoured bought fondant, as it's liquid it makes it stickier so you'll have to counteract that with some corn starch or icing sugar, I used a lemon flavour and although you could taste it I have to say it wasn't a vast improvment icon_sad.gif
I think the best flavoured fondants are the ones you make yourself, but I have yet to try!
HTH's icon_smile.gif

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 12:42pm
post #3 of 5

I've used the LorAnn oils for flavoring fondant - seems to improve the taste somewhat but its so much work to knead the flavor throughout the fondant!

I'll have to try what the previous poster said on homemade fondant because the flavoring could be added while in the liquid stage.

Let us know if you come up with a good method!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 12:59am
post #4 of 5

I flavor my fondant all the time, you do have to start with a good one though, it would be no good trying to make Wilton's taste better. I buy Fondx or Satin Ice & use a flavor to compliment the BC underneath or the same flavor as the BC underneath. It tastes delicious. I also love flavoring the Fondx with liquors.

bartar01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bartar01 Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 10:47am
post #5 of 5

I've used an almond flavoring in mine. I still don't eat it myself, but it wasn't too bad.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%