Concerning Wasc-Style Cakes

Decorating By sadiepix Updated 17 Jun 2008 , 5:40am by MacsMom

sadiepix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiepix Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 4:42am
post #1 of 7

I have a strange question.
I am just now becoming familiar with the versions of cake that use a mix and add other ingredients to it. They look great and I am sure they are wonderful too.
(WASC)

My question is this--Has anyone added the extra ingredients to a homemade mix? I make my cake mixes ahead of time (the dry ingredients and butter/shortening) and freeze them, just to add the milk and egg whites later.

Would it even make sense to try this as an experiment? If anyone has I would love to hear about it. I know the boxed mixes have chemicals and such that make the WASC-type cakes work just right, but I just had to ask.

Do pardon me if the question has been answered before, I do admit I have not made it through the entire archives yet as I just joined this week.
icon_smile.gif

Thanks so much!

6 replies
susanscakebabies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakebabies Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 4:50am
post #2 of 7

It actually works really well. I make my own cake mix from scratch and adapt it all the time. It works great with this recipe too. I find!!
Hope that is helpful.

susanscakebabies Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 4:51am
post #3 of 7

Oh and welcome aboard. I hope you head the warning, this place is very addictive. icon_wink.gif

sadiepix Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 4:54am
post #4 of 7

That is GREAT to hear! Thank you!
I was really wondering about it and had my fingers crossed.
I was mostly intrigued by the addition of sour cream the moist and yet sturdy properties described by other members.
I don't tend to use boxed cake mixes though unless requested by someone, so I was darn curious.

Many thanks!

sadiepix Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 4:57am
post #5 of 7

I am already a hopeless case...
It has been 2 days and I think I have scanned several hundred pages of posts and seen almost every picture...

I can't believe it took me so long to find this place!

Thanks for the welcome too! icon_smile.gif

susanscakebabies Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 5:08am
post #6 of 7

I know I was wondering what whole I had fallen into that I didnt know about it too. It is terrible addicting. I have been on for almost 2 yrs and still on it daily.
It is just crazy but a great learning tool and fun.
You welcome. Cant wait to start seeing your work.

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 5:40am
post #7 of 7

Ditto. I am not one to re-visit many sites, but it only one look here and now it is a full-blown addiction. There is no other site like CC!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%