Scull?

Decorating By bashini Updated 16 Jun 2008 , 4:10pm by bashini

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 12:31pm
post #1 of 7

Hi everybody, I know this is a wierd request, but does anybody know how to make a scull from gumpaste (or anything )? Or is there a place that I can purchase one of these?

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks

Bashini.

6 replies
AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 2:44pm
post #2 of 7

I did a pink cake with a scull and crossbones on it. It is in my photos. I used candy melts and made a transfer. You can find images of scull and crossbones on-line and just enlarge one to the size you need and you could even do a frozen buttercream transfer if you are not comfortable with the candy melts. Hope this helps.

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 2:50pm
post #3 of 7

How big of a skull do you need?

I did a large one from a styrofoam head covered in royal icing. I'm sure you can do the same basic thing on a smaller scale with rice krispy treats.

bashini Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 3:25pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks for the replies. Ok, there is this bride, who wants a cake topper with the groom holding a scull on his palm of the hand. Like he is doing a speech or something. She wants the groom to be wearing trainers as well.

And the bride to be standing just behind him with arm crossed ( hope you understand what I'm trying to say icon_redface.gif ) and with a not happy facial expression.

She has taken this whole scene from Shakespears, Macbeth book (I'm not sure though) icon_confused.gif . So I need a quite small one.

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 3:29pm
post #5 of 7

So you just need a little tiny skull?

That would be pretty easy to make...

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 3:59pm
post #6 of 7

you should be able to sculpt this out of a small ball of fondant. since its so tiny it won't nee be to very detailed... hollow out & blacken the eye sockets and little black dots for the "nose socket"? and then a line or 2 for teeth/jaw area... again, since its to be SOO small, the need for detail is greatly diminished. can't wait to see it.

bashini Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 4:10pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks butterflywings for the idea. I'll have ago at that.

Thanks to all of you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%