loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 3:36pm
post #1 of 19

My mom sent this to me.

Okay so this is how I imagine this conversation went:

Walmart Employee: 'Hello 'dis be Walmarts, how can I help you?'

Customer: ' I would like to order a cake for a going away party this week.'

Walmart Employee: 'What you want on the cake?'

Customer: 'Best Wishes Suzanne' and underneath that 'We will miss you'.
LL

18 replies
butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 7:39pm
post #2 of 19

hahahahaha... Wow... Ok, so I wouldn't have paid for that, but it DOES make a funny story!

Superstar2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Superstar2 Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 8:09pm
post #3 of 19

That laugh just made my day. See you really do get what you paid for.

Kaiah723 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaiah723 Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 8:11pm
post #4 of 19

WWWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!! I would not have paid for that either! It is a funny story but come on! I work in a local grocery store (Stop & Shop) in the pharmacy but I used to work in the Bake Shop and I must say no one would have ever been dumb enough to do that! So many people in this world lack common sense BIG TIME!

loriemoms Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 12:38am
post #5 of 19

I just thought it was SO funny! They may not have even noticed it until they brought it home in the box...

With us all under this stressful time of year, I thought a good laugh would do us good!

weefoot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weefoot Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 1:35am
post #6 of 19

That is soooo funny. Do you think that when they were writing this they wondered about what they were writing. I can just imagine the conversation in the bakery.

Ruby2uesday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruby2uesday Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 2:10am
post #7 of 19

OMG toooooooooooo funny!!!! I would have taken it just for the laugh!

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 3:06pm
post #8 of 19

OMG, thats too funny....I mean Im sure it wasnt when she saw the cake, but it couldnt have turned out to be a cute idea for Suzanne and she wont forget it.
I would take a picture back to walmart and show them, and get my money back or some.

abw2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abw2005 Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 9:37pm
post #9 of 19

That is really funny, but I wouldn't have paid for it either LOL I would have made them correct their spelling - "Under Neat"?

loriemoms Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 9:43pm
post #10 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by abw2005

That is really funny, but I wouldn't have paid for it either LOL I would have made them correct their spelling - "Under Neat"?

hahha! What a funny idea! Storm in there and tell them they screwed up the cake and misspelled underneith! hahahaha!

jouj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jouj Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 9:58pm
post #11 of 19

This is too funny, I can't believe something like that could really happen!!!

Melan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melan Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 10:03pm
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by abw2005

hahha! What a funny idea! Storm in there and tell them they screwed up the cake and misspelled underneith! hahahaha!

This cake has been posted on here a few times, makes me laugh every time I see it! The thing is, I don't think they actually spelled "Under Neat" wrong, where I live, that is how some people say that, I'm surprised the cake didn't read "Under Neat Dat", Sad on both ends of this cake order -funny for us though! Ha ha Ha!

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 1:38am
post #13 of 19

and that's why you pay for what you get at walmart et al...(or not) i can't believe there's not someone who checks stuff like that before it goes out-although i guess you just get the writting on it when you pick it up lol well what else can you say? did anyone see the thread on how walmart actually makes the cakes?!?! it's no wonder

JulieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieB Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 11:28pm
post #14 of 19

I remember when my brother got married several years back (before I ever took a cake decorating class), they went down to Wal-Mart and got a sheet cake. (So tacky.)

I remember saying "Why didn't you just have them write "Happy Gittin' Hitched Day" on it? LOL

I'm not kidding, some of the folks at their wedding were wearing overalls!

Jovy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jovy Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 6:26pm
post #15 of 19

we celebrated each others b'days at work and we used to buy cakes from a publix grocery store. one co-worker bougth the cake and asked the cake decorator to write Happy Birthday in pink. The very smart decorator wrote Happy Birth In Pink on the cake...we could not believe it....

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 8:23pm
post #16 of 19

Makes me laugh every time I see it!

As far as not paying for it, I bet a MAN was sent to pick it up! HAHA! They don't notice anything!

momshobby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momshobby Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 6:31am
post #17 of 19

for my nephews first birthday, my sister-in-law ordered a mickey mouse cake from a very expensive downtown bakery. She didn't want any writing on Mickey's face, so she asked to have "Happy Birthday David" written in the ear. Guess what ended up written all across Mickey's face. Not a birthday to be forgotten

vmertsock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vmertsock Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 6:37pm
post #18 of 19

I know who ordered this cake! It was my bosses friend! I was on here the other day and she saw the cake and went "WAIT! I know that cake! That happened to us!" Lol she couldn't believe how well circulated the picture is.

AmyGonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 2:52pm
post #19 of 19

icon_lol.gif This is to funny! icon_lol.gif I could just imagine my reaction if I was the one picking up this cake..... It wouldn't be very nice. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%