Pricing - What Is Easier?

Business By myriam1 Updated 14 Jun 2008 , 3:47pm by TexasSugar

myriam1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myriam1 Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 3:04am
post #1 of 3

I'm having trouble w/ pricing. People here are not willing to pay for a nice cake. They appreciate the work but just aren't willing to pay. My question is, is it easier to have pictures in a book with set prices or is better to say I charge X dollars for a full sheet. It seems that when you tell them the price, they can't see paying that much $ even though I really don't charge that much. I figure if they see the design, they can see why I'm charging tha. I'm in dire need of serious help. I'm on the verge of just calling it quits. Any help and/or advice is greatly appreciated. TIA

2 replies
Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 5:48am
post #2 of 3

I think maybe you could do a combination of both. When you do a design, you could put the picture in your book with something along the lines of:

Prices for this design:
9x13 (up to X servings) = $XX.XX
11x15 (up to X servings) = $XX.XX
12x18 (up to X servings) = $XX.XX

Obviously, you would customize it to the sizes, serving chart, and prices that you use, but it would allow people to see what different sizes of a particular design would cost them.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 3:47pm
post #3 of 3

You are always going to come across people that want a something for nothing. I'm not sure having pictures so they can see the detail of what they are getting is going to help with that. You will see many posts on here how a bride wants a huge, gorgous cake but doesn't want to pay for the huge gorgous cake and why oh why can't I have the cake I want for peanuts.

You can always try it and see if it works.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%