Picture Of First Cake Ever

Decorating By hsswoosh Updated 14 Jun 2008 , 12:29am by superstar

hsswoosh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsswoosh Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 8

I just posted my first cake ever decorated on a more "advanced" level. I was pretty happy with the ending product except for one little place on the fondant that was creased some that I couldn't fix. I've just been studying online for the past week or so and finally decided to attempt a little baby shower cake for practice. I have a cake to do for a good friend who's having a little girl... and definitely need all the practice I can get before I end up doing the ending product!

Hope yall enjoy! It's very simple but, I tried!!!
LL

7 replies
Shola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shola Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 4:18pm
post #2 of 8

It's fab! Well done you! icon_smile.gif
May I offer some constuctive critisism?! The black outlining on the duck is a really stark contrast to the pretty pastels of the cake, maybe a dark orange or a choc brown for the duck details? icon_confused.gif

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 4:27pm
post #3 of 8

WOOHOO! That's great! I do agree with shola. a think an orange might have been better, but it's still a great cake! you should be proud.

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 4:28pm
post #4 of 8

Wow, its fantastic. Can't tell that its your first ever cake. You really have done a great job. Well Done! thumbs_up.gif

mckaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mckaren Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 5:01pm
post #5 of 8

Wow that's fab!! You should be bloomin' proud of that.

I also agree with the black details - I think orange or light brown would be nice.

Karen xx

hsswoosh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsswoosh Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 5:30pm
post #6 of 8

now that i look at it i would have to agree. on my finished product for her shower i will definitely do a more delicate color! thanks for the encouragement!!! =)

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 10:54pm
post #7 of 8

very nice looking. I love the polka dots icon_biggrin.gif

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 12:29am
post #8 of 8

Well done, you can be proud. I also agree that the black is too harsh, I would use a deeper shade of yellow & do a VERY light brown for the entire beak instead of the line.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%