? About A Color, Someone Please Help, Cake Is Due This Wkend

Decorating By KASCARLETT Updated 12 Jun 2008 , 7:30pm by KASCARLETT

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 6:09pm
post #1 of 9

If I have already colored icing a very pale lavender, can I make that into a sage green or similar color?

8 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 6:23pm
post #2 of 9

take out a small amount and test it. It might work.

KASCARLETT Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 6:26pm
post #3 of 9

Thank you for answering! I will try that, but I was wondering if maybe anyone had any experience with that and what color may be "compatible" with it.

I really do appreciate you answering! I have asked questions before and they are left to fend for themselves!! lol

ainsleyandmatthewmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ainsleyandmatthewmom Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 6:30pm
post #4 of 9

Try it! It may not be a LIGHT sage green, but I do think you can get it to a green color. Good luck, and let us know your results! icon_smile.gif

ainsleyandmatthewmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ainsleyandmatthewmom Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 6:32pm
post #5 of 9

sorry. I was being redundant. (double post--LOL)

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 6:39pm
post #6 of 9

I would doubt it..You will end up getting a murky brown.Lavender comes from a pink base and green from a black brown base so the brown out weighs the pink!Try it though....

bobbi96 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobbi96 Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 6:40pm
post #7 of 9

I just did this last weekend - started with lavender, added a touch of kelly green and got a light mossy green color. It actually worked perfect for what I needed it for - a grass border.

WendyVA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WendyVA Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 6:42pm
post #8 of 9

Try adding your green and if there is still too much of the lavender showing add some yellow to pull it out.

Do a search on "color wheel" and use that for mixing colors. If you have too much of a color in your icing you can add a color on the opposite side of the wheel to tone it down. It's weird but it works! icon_smile.gif

KASCARLETT Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 7:30pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you all so much! You have been very helpful! I just didn't want to have to make more icing! lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%