Urgent, Need Answer

Decorating By pennywells Updated 12 Jun 2008 , 6:42pm by ainsleyandmatthewmom

pennywells Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pennywells Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 4:49pm
post #1 of 2

I need to make a grill cake and I wanted to use the wonder ball mold but flip it upside down so that the narrower end is down. What kind of supports do I need to do this or will it hold up? (I will be cutting some of the bottom off so that it is not so narrow).


1 reply
ainsleyandmatthewmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ainsleyandmatthewmom Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 6:42pm
post #2 of 2

Use a firmer cake recipe such as pound cake instead of the moister kind of recipe. Use dowels inserted through the "grill", down into the bottom cake, for support. I'd recommend using rolled fondant on the "grill" cake BEFORE up-ending it.

Good luck! Post pics when your masterpiece is complete! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%