Wedding Cake Cookie Cutters

Baking By disneynutbsv Updated 21 Jul 2008 , 3:10pm by sunnigirl

disneynutbsv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disneynutbsv Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 4:23pm
post #1 of 29

Hi, I purchased the wedding cake cutter from karen's cookies a while back, but that thing is huge!!! Can anyone recommend where I can purchase a wedding cutter that would be about a normal size cookie? I have about 150 of them to make for a wedding and really don't want to make those super huge cookies.
Thanks!

28 replies
southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 4:40pm
post #2 of 29

I searched forever for a wedding cake cutter I like, but just never found one. There are lots of them out there, but they are either huge, shaped odd, or have a big heart on the top. So, I ended up making my own using the directions in the 'articles" section. I made two different sizes and it was super easy. I have had them for a couple of years now and LOVE them!!

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 4:42pm
post #3 of 29

Mine is from kitchengifts.com

The ones I made that are in my gallery spread quite a bit (solved that problem now), but it is the same cutter as antonia74 uses.

disneynutbsv Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 2:17pm
post #4 of 29

I went to that website and clicked on the cutters but it kept redirecting me to the home page???? It won't let me order them!

cookingfor5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookingfor5 Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 3:34pm
post #5 of 29

What about this one from the flour pot website http://www.flourpotcookies.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BTP%2DACCAKE.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 4:37pm
post #6 of 29

The one on Flour Pot's size is the only size I've seen....about 4x4. I've never seen one smaller than that. You'll probably have to make one smaller, but then once you do, you'll know how to make any cutter and that's a big advantage, especially when you can't find what you want or a customer wants a custom shape done. icon_smile.gif

disneynutbsv Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 4:52pm
post #7 of 29

I'll see if hubby can give it a tryicon_smile.gif

arle1727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arle1727 Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 12:10am
post #8 of 29

I have that big cutter too and will try to cut one tier. That cake is huge, like 5x4.

iramirez94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iramirez94 Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 2:57am
post #9 of 29

Coppergifts has a 4 x 4 and a mini wedding cake cookie cutter. They are copper so hence, more expensive.

http://www.coppergifts.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=247

aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 3:10am
post #10 of 29

I made a template in the size I wanted and covered it with contact paper and handcut them..

disneynutbsv Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 11:18am
post #11 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by arle1727

I have that big cutter too and will try to cut one tier. That cake is huge, like 5x4.

This is what I was thinking or maybe I can have my husband modify it. If that bottom tier was gone, it would be a perfect sizeicon_smile.gif

arle1727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arle1727 Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 11:42am
post #12 of 29

yeah, thats the one I will cut. icon_biggrin.gif

born2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
born2bake Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 11:58am
post #13 of 29

I have the Wilton Comfort Grip '3-tiered' cake shape cookie cutter that I think is the perfect size and have used for both birthday and weddings. However, I checked their website and it's no longer there. I purchased mine 4-5 years ago. Not sure if you can find it on ebay.

Good luck!

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 1:48pm
post #14 of 29

I'd suggest making your own. Every time I go to Hobby Lobby I buy ALL their large heart cutters to reshape into cutters I need. I used to make cutters out of flashing like the tutorial here on cc but this way is much easier. They're only $.68 each. Pretty cheap for a cookie cutter. And a wedding cake cutter is soooo easy to make with a couple of right angles. Good luck!

Yomomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yomomma Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 3:08pm
post #15 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakinccc

I'd suggest making your own. Every time I go to Hobby Lobby I buy ALL their large heart cutters to reshape into cutters I need. I used to make cutters out of flashing like the tutorial here on cc but this way is much easier. They're only $.68 each. Pretty cheap for a cookie cutter. And a wedding cake cutter is soooo easy to make with a couple of right angles. Good luck!

Wow! What a great idea! Thanks for sharing! thumbs_up.gif

dream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dream Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 3:59pm
post #16 of 29

You can try www.countrykitchensa.com they have some that are 1 1/2 inches.

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 4:50pm
post #17 of 29

Your welcome. I just wanted to say that I use a tin snips (that scissor metal cutter thing) to cut them apart, then reshape them, then glue back together with the JBWeld glue that khalstead uses on her tutorial. Hobby Lobby is probably wondering why they're always out of those big cutters! LOL

disneynutbsv Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 9:51pm
post #18 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream

You can try www.countrykitchensa.com they have some that are 1 1/2 inches.

Yes, I ordered those by mistake and boy are they tiny!

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 11:35pm
post #19 of 29

Here's a direct link to the one from kitchengifts.com that I was referring to.

http://www.kitchengifts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=WC&Category_Code=weddings

disneynutbsv Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 12:43am
post #20 of 29

Thanks, I had my dh just fix and take the bottom off the other oneicon_smile.gif

Destini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Destini Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 10:13pm
post #21 of 29

I have been searching high and low for that Wilton Wedding Cake cutter. I can never catch one on ebay. thumbsdown.gif

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 12:52am
post #22 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destini

I have been searching high and low for that Wilton Wedding Cake cutter. I can never catch one on ebay. thumbsdown.gif

This one looks a lot like the Wilton cutter. I think it might be a little larger. I'm gonna email them and ask it it's possible to get one a tad smaller. If anyone is interested, I'll keep you posted.

http://stores.ecrandal.com/Detail.bok?no=353

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 1:38pm
post #23 of 29

I have several, but my favorites where the ones from kitchengifts.com/

I used both recently in my stenciled wedding cookies.

The ones with the swirls were the small size, and the ones with the "medallion" stencil was the large size. They are both in my gallery if you want to take a look.

The small size was perfect, I had 200 to make.

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 1:43pm
post #24 of 29

Actually after checking the website, it was the large and medium I used. Medium being the ones with the swirls. icon_redface.gif

Destini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Destini Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 4:06pm
post #25 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydukes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destini

This one looks a lot like the Wilton cutter. I think it might be a little larger. I'm gonna email them and ask it it's possible to get one a tad smaller. If anyone is interested, I'll keep you posted.

http://stores.ecrandal.com/Detail.bok?no=353

Thank you icon_biggrin.gif . I really must have that cutter. A little small would be good. The also some others I like.

sunnigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunnigirl Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 2:02pm
post #26 of 29

I use a 3 3/4 X 3 1/2 wedding cake cookie cutter from www.thelittlefoxfactory.com - they have some unique cutters and tons of dog cutters. It is just the right size if you are doing a large number of wedding cookies. icon_smile.gif

PJ37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PJ37 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 2:29pm
post #27 of 29

Bakincc...Great idea about reshaping the heart cutters! Thanks!

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 2:33pm
post #28 of 29

littlefoxfactory? i wonder if they ship to canada? i always find these great cookie cutters and then they don't ship to canada/international anymore icon_sad.gif i bought a wedding cake cutter from golda's kitchen in toronto but it is huge and has a heart on top-i just thought i'd cut that off, trim it a bit, or leave the heart and make it a bouquet on top! i love bakinccc's idea about reshaping other cookie cutters-i hadn't thought about that until just recently

sunnigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunnigirl Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 3:10pm
post #29 of 29

Little Fox Factory has an email address and phone no. on their pdf order form. I'm sure you could call them about shipping to Canada. They are a very small operation but very friendly and helpful.
I found a spider cookie cutter and several others from a UK website and I hate that I can't order - if I did the shipping would be too much icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%