Please Help! I Really Want To Make This Work!!

Decorating By shelbycompany Updated 12 Jun 2008 , 3:25pm by cupcakemkr

shelbycompany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbycompany Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 3:21pm
post #1 of 2

I've been wanting to open up a small business of my own. I found a kitchen I can rent that I can actually afford. I know I can't have walk-in traffic because it's some one else's business. I can just use their kitchen in the evenings when they aren't busy. Anyway, What are the very first steps to opening a small business. I know I have to get a business license but I was told by a friend that if it's not my actual building, I don't have to get an occupational license. Is this true?? Also, What about any type of insurances?? What do I need to have? Thank you for your advice icon_biggrin.gif

1 reply
cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 3:25pm
post #2 of 2

You will need to be serve safe certified and you will need liability insurance. Sorry I'm not in S.C. so not sure what your town's requirements might be. Just call your town hall and ask the health department what is required, usually they are very helpful.

Quote by @%username% on %date%