Round Edge Cakes?

Decorating By kutabby Updated 12 Jun 2008 , 4:29am by bostonterrierlady

kutabby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kutabby Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 3:33am
post #1 of 3

Looking through everyone's pictures, I've seen these round cakes where the top edge is rounded - usually covered w/ fondant. Are these carved or is there a cake pan for this look?

2 replies
veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 4:13am
post #2 of 3

These were all the rage for a while, but don't seem to show up so often now. There are special pans that do that (not sure where you would find them now, maybe some on eBay) but it can be done with carving I guess.
Maybe do a Google search might find some.

Sorry not to be more help.

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 4:29am
post #3 of 3

I think they are called contour pans. I think Wilton has some and so does kopykake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%