Spray Gun/pen

Decorating By 2txmedics Updated 11 Jun 2008 , 4:04pm by tiggy2

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 3:44pm
post #1 of 2

Ok, I went to kwik Kopy and found I can use my printer and the free download programs to put pictures or logos on cakes....my next question is this.

I also saw the guns for spraying cakes with color. well Im not going to spend a fortune and then find out I cant do it, or dont like it. So I had an idea....can I buy a small kit for 30.00 at Hobby Lobby/Michaels that you use for models and just practice with those? Has anyone ever done this??? and what kind of colors do you use, I mean I cant use the wilton gels I have, there too thick. Are there special one's for this? if so, where do I get them.

1 reply
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 4:04pm
post #2 of 2

When you say "gun" are you referring to a airbrush? If so you can use any airbrush to practice with but the finished product may look spattered. As for the colors they make airbrush colors specially for that purpose. I know kopykake and americolor make them along with several other companies.

Is the printer you're referring to one that has been used with regular ink or is it new? If it's used I would be hesitant to use it for edible images as the ink may contaminate your image.

Quote by @%username% on %date%