Cake N Crumb Company

Lounge By marlinabeth Updated 12 Jun 2008 , 6:10am by JanH

marlinabeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marlinabeth Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 2:33am
post #1 of 4

hey does anyone here know anything about cake n crumb company? you can sell cake products & become an instructor.

3 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 4:35am
post #2 of 4

yeah, we talked about them before. I contacted them and got all the particulars (at that time - they may have changed some things since I wrote to them, almost 2 years ago).

At that time, they wanted you to have 6 bookings before you even sign a contract. I thought to myself - no contract, no bookings, and shelved the idea.

That's like Dove At Home - they want you to sign up, pay $399, then show you a video which teaches you how to use their products. Then they tell you to call yourself a chocolatier. I don't think so!! It takes a whole lot more than just learning how to melt Dove chocolates and re-mold them before you can call yourself a chocolatier!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 3:29am
post #3 of 4

Cake N Crumb is a nice idea but it just doesn't work. I was in it. Don't hold it against me! I traveled alll over--went to Wisconsin... twice. One critical area for me was their shipping. They would pack the boxes poorly to really really bad. My product would not be in good shape when it arrived. The boxes would be cracked open where the contents had shifted in transit and stuff would fall out. I had five or six people signed up under me across the country. Their stuff got shipped the same way.

I won an award at the annual big deal meeting for being a big deal something or other. I gave it my best shot. The girl I was signed up under was a sweetie but she never taught me how to handle a class. She was uber successful but never wanted to be videotaped at that time. As I was getting out there was a rumor she was going to do it. Too little too late for me and the ones under me if she even ever did it.

I check the website every now and then. The previous time I checked it seemed they had grown a bit. But today I checked and it's about the same number of teachers, actually down a bit. They always have about the same number of demonstrators.

The reason this company will never fly is that they do not have an exclusive line of product. It's just not gonna happen without that. Look at Pampered Chef, Tupperware, Mary Kay, etc. they have unique and exclusive product-lines that are not available anywhere else.

None of their products are exclusive except for a cookbook the owner wrote. You can get Wilton everywhere and $9.50 for a cookie cutter?

Save your money and your time. Not my finest endeavor.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 6:10am
post #4 of 4

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%