Strawberry Filling Or Any Filling, How Too...help

Decorating By 2txmedics Updated 10 Jul 2008 , 12:01am by G-Rho

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 11:25pm
post #1 of 3

icon_smile.gif Ive made a cake before with lemon filling, I iced the bottom layer thinking this would be ok...and my lemon would stay put, WRONG...the top layer SOAKED icon_sad.gif up the lemon, and it made it look like there was no filling in the cake. how do I prevent this??? Ive seen when you buy cakes and you slice in, you have this nice filling just perfect. How can I get this? I read somewhere that you use Polanders seedless jam, and warm in microwave for 30secs to make soft, and add 1 small box of same flavor jello?...any other way? help wedding anniv cake is due saturday a.m.
thanks!!!

2 replies
raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 12:39am
post #2 of 3

This may sound too simple but I actually use the Welchs squeezable strawberry or seedless raspberry spread, and it works great for me. I do ice and dam w/bc so it won't bleed down and it stays put. Hope this helps

G-Rho Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G-Rho Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 12:01am
post #3 of 3

don't know if you are wanting to fill with lemon or not, but I did a cake last week and used lemon pie filling put a lemon juice in it and then folded in some fresh whipping cream. I put a thin layer of buttercream on the torted cake first then put it on. Everyone said it was wonderful and refreshing on a hot summer day..GOOD LUCK!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%