Mmf On Nfsc

Baking By kutabby Updated 11 Jun 2008 , 3:38pm by millicente

kutabby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kutabby Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 5:56pm
post #1 of 7

I'm new to CC, so I'm sure this has already been covered, but...
How do you use MMF on NFSC? I've only used icing, but I wanted to branch out icon_smile.gif Any advice would be great!!
TIA!
Tabby

6 replies
ape Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ape Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 6:16pm
post #2 of 7

Welcome to CC! This is how I do fondant on cookies:

While your cookies are baking, roll out your fondant and cut using the same cutter that you used for your cookies. Keep the fondant covered. As soon as cookies are out of the oven, place the fondant on the cookies....they are warm so the fondant will melt slightly into the cookie adhering it to the cookie.

Then to add accents, wait for your cookies to cool and then add fondant accents using a little water to attach the fondant.

HTH!
april

krazykat_14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krazykat_14 Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 6:29pm
post #3 of 7

I tried rolling out the fondant while the cookies were baking and it didn't work for me- I'm just not that coordinated and organized enough.

I've heard that you can bake your cookies, then roll out and cut the MMF, then just pop the cookies (mmf and all) back in the oven for a minute or two- just to warm the fondant so it sticks... I've also heard they can be poped in a microwave for a few seconds, too.

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 10:29pm
post #4 of 7

I'm not organized enough for that either. I usually bake one day, mmf the next. I cut out the mmf, dot the cookies with a little squirt bottle of karo syrup, then lay my mmf on. The 3rd day I decorate with RI

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 11:13pm
post #5 of 7

So, could you brush them with a simple syrup and then put the MMF on???

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 12:32am
post #6 of 7

I don't see why not. But you don't need much

millicente Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millicente Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 3:38pm
post #7 of 7

I roll my MMF while baking too. A lil trick I have learned is that if your cookie spreads a lil bit.I use my mmf roller to push mmf to the edges of the cookie for a more sleeker look

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%