49Ers Cookie Cutter?

Baking By 3boysmama Updated 8 Jul 2008 , 7:58am by ahuvas

3boysmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3boysmama Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 2:19am
post #1 of 7

I have an order due at the end of July... bride wants 300 49ers logo (oval with SF on it) cookies for wedding favors. I thought it would be easier to get the logo right if I had a cookie cutter to 'trace' maybe? Anybody seen any of these?

Thanks for your help!
LL

6 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 2:41am
post #2 of 7

How about you just use a template? I do that a lot when a client requests a cookie with a pretty difficult/precise logo or image on it. You just cut out the negative shape of the design in a plastic or velum template and then you "stencil" on the colour using a paint of lustre dust/vodka or lemon extract. In a few hours, you can go back and add all that thin black piped detail around the numbers.

Works like charm!

In your case, I'd ice the cookies in the red, let them dry very well overnight, lay the stencil of the "49" on top and using white lustre dust mix just stipple the colour on thinly and not too wet. Let them dry and add the black outlining.

Here are examples of cookies I've done using this technique. It's super-easy to do, totally edible and saves HOURS of time trying to pipe a complex pattern over and over again onto hundreds of cookies!
LL
LL
LL

Lisa53406 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa53406 Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 3:19pm
post #3 of 7

Antonia74

These cookies look great! Can you tell me how do you get the negative image? sorry I am very new to all of this. Also can you explain this process once more to me...I am a little confused.

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 1:13am
post #4 of 7

It's just like stenciling. You make a stencil and you cut out the areas that you want to be coloured, but you leave the plastic where you want the white.

Using lustre dust + vodka as the "paint", you use a clean stencil paint brush (round with bristles all the same length, available in any craft store) and you literally just stipple the colour on through your template exactly as you would do if you were stenciling a cupboard door or any craft project.

Here's a photo I just Googled on the web to show how people use a stencil....except you'd just put your cookie underneath and use an edible lustre dust as the paint.

Get it? icon_smile.gif
LL

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 4:00pm
post #5 of 7

Is it always Lustre Dust that you use...do you ever use just another color of the RI?

ahuvas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ahuvas Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 7:30am
post #6 of 7

I cant find the thread but there is one here about stencilling on cakes. They have a link that shows videos re: stencilling with buttercream and royal icing. You can use pretty much anything u want - it doesn't have to be luster dust.

ahuvas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ahuvas Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 7:58am
post #7 of 7

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%