Help! Realistic Flounder Cake (Not From The Little Mermaid!)

Decorating By citygirlcakes Updated 10 Jun 2008 , 12:49am by mindywith3boys

citygirlcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
citygirlcakes Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 12:18am
post #1 of 5

Any guidance on how to make a realistic looking flounder (the real kind) would be greatly appreciated... for example, would I cover in a brownish fondant and then use food colouring to add the details? Oiy....I think I may be a little over my head with this one!! [/img]
LL

4 replies
mindywith3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindywith3boys Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 12:32am
post #2 of 5

Ok, I hate to keep posting this picture because I feel like I'm beating a dead horse...But I made a large mouth bass and I think it would translate really well to a flounder. I can't get it to add a picture for some reason. So just look at my pictures.
LL
LL
LL

mindywith3boys Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 12:34am
post #3 of 5

LOL!! icon_redface.gif I thought it wasn't posting it! icon_redface.gif Or...Maybe I just really, really, really wanted you to see it! icon_lol.gificon_twisted.gif

~Mindy

citygirlcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
citygirlcakes Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 12:45am
post #4 of 5

LOL... it took me about 20 mins to figure out how to post the pic of the flounder! Thank you for taking the time to post. I don't have an airbrush, so this is helpful!

mindywith3boys Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 12:49am
post #5 of 5

I didn't use my airbrush, but I did use airbrush paint. But you could probably use other paint. I just took a picture (like the one you posted) to kinko's and had them blow it up to the size of the cake I wanted to make. Then I cut out the picture and laid it on top of the cake and used it as a template.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%