Lounge By Melvira Updated 31 Oct 2008 , 4:09pm by chassidyg

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 2:35am
post #91 of 510

Very true, she conviently left that part out icon_wink.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 2:38am
post #92 of 510

Yah, sorry... that silly baby started requiring attention! (Like I have NOTHING better to do than pay attention to him!! Sheesh!) icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyway, the theme of Alex's room is red and white gingham and traffic (you know, cars, trucks, etc.) and Zach's room is a complimentary theme, but different. He is blue and white gingham and trains. It's really cute. I'll have to post some pix. Alex's room is so adorable that I know Zach's will be awesome when it's done too! thumbs_up.gif

Melvira Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 2:47am
post #93 of 510

Oh, and Chassidy, I meant to say thank you for such a nice comment about me. That makes me feel so wonderful. My babies really are the center of my universe... they are why God made me!!

chassidyg Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 2:55am
post #94 of 510

Awww, his room will be so adorable! Yes, take pics, I cant wait to see the completed room! My son''s was "sports" at birth, and then in March we went to disney's "cars", and now he is head over heels for Thomas the train. He knows when I'm on CC, because he'll come over and climb on me yelling "Choo Choo" until I pull up the train cakes, he gets so excited pointing at them and yelling "Choo Choo"...so of course, his 2nd birthday is all Thomas the tank!

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 11:24am
post #95 of 510

Mel,

Glad everything is going good for you and that beautiful Zach. I don't want to hear another word about you being a bad mother. Just remember you will have more Dr. visits to attend to. icon_biggrin.gif

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 12:43pm
post #96 of 510

I just love those dimples! Honestly he is beautiful icon_smile.gif My friend works in the nursery at our local hospital and she was telling me funny stories of some "not so cute" babies. She said they can spot the beauties from a mile away (just like Zach) icon_wink.gif I am SOOOOOOOOO happy he is OK. Your boys are lucky to have you as their mommy thumbs_up.gif

chassidyg Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 2:21pm
post #97 of 510

Good Morning Mel, did you get hit by those awful storms? I hope not, they were awful and scary, and I wasnt even in them.

On to happier things....Are you excited to be going home?

Sarsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarsi Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 4:04pm
post #98 of 510

I so glad little Zachy-poo is alright!!! Those are such cute dimples!!! I'm imagining what he's going to look like once he starts smiling!!! LOL!!! CUUUUUTE!!!!

Melvira Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 4:14pm
post #99 of 510

We didn't get hit by the storms too badly here, fortunately! It's been pretty wild weather though.

So, we are going home today! (Not until the afternoon though!) So very exciting! It's going to be so much fun to take both of my boys home and settle into our routine. It's going to be so wonderful to be a family with our new addition! icon_wink.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 4:53pm
post #100 of 510

Hope you get home soon ! those doc,s can be slow to even if you are waiting on hubby and Alex! Their rms sound very cute ! Are the goodies all gone and just a good memory for the staff ??

Melvira Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 4:57pm
post #101 of 510

Oh yah, those sweets bit the dust within hours! There are a couple jam bars that my sister hid and she keeps sneaking them out! Hehehe. I can't blame her.

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 8:47pm
post #102 of 510

AWWWWWW!!! He's so handsome! Congratulations!!

fiddlesticks Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 8:50pm
post #103 of 510

MEL Have you left the hospital yet ??? Melvis has left the rm !!! LOL lol!!

Melvira Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 8:54pm
post #104 of 510

Hehehe... no... I'm still here. I am sitting here waiting to hear how my 3YO's appt. went! It's taking too long!!! (I HATE missing out on this!! *stomping feet like a spoiled child*) But, when they get back from that we will get checked out and released. Then it's a quick stop at the pharmacy to load up on legal drugs, then HOME!! YAY!!! I can't wait to take my newest little man to his home for the first time! And to see how the big guy does when this little baby invades his territory!! That should be interesting!

fiddlesticks Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 9:04pm
post #105 of 510

Yes Baby,s are cute till they come near their toys! Then its every big man for himself ! How long are you off baking duty for customers ? Hope you took a nice long break ?

Melvira Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 9:29pm
post #106 of 510

I'm taking the month of June off at least.

Ok, it's time to pack up and get ready to go. I'm hanging out til 5pm for my next dose of pain pills, then we're off!! icon_wink.gif Talk to you guys when we are home!!

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 12:29am
post #107 of 510

Good luck w/ the (hopefully not!) jealousy! I have had to deal w/ that by each of my kids, it's no fun... But it does not usually last very long if you give your big one positive attention, cause that's what they are really afraid of losing, your love and atten. so have fun w/ your 2 handsome guys!!

chassidyg Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 12:40am
post #108 of 510

when we brought home our youngest dd, we let Dakota give her a "tour" of the house with daddy carrying new baby, and we let Dakota hold Mickey a lot when we were on the couch, worked out pretty nice, hardly any jealousy. Dakota is a big mommy's girl, she says daddy annoys her (she's almost 9 now). I've been very lucky, it's my dogs that are jealous over my attention, not my kids!

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 1:08am
post #109 of 510

I've had good luck with my two boys. So far, no jealousy! My oldest, Ethan, loves to help with Jack. He's two and Jack is 4 mos. Ethan loves to help with feedings and changing diapers. He even tries to do it when I'm not looking. icon_rolleyes.gif

I was told, before my second was born, that if both children are crying/upset/hungry/dirty etc. to take care of the older one first. The older one will remember, the baby won't. It sounds like "duh" advice, but when they're both crying, my natural instinct is to take care of the one that is more dependent on me (the baby).

Anyway, I hope you guys are home, safe and sound, now.

Melvira Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 2:25am
post #110 of 510

Hello again y'all!! We are home and settled in! icon_wink.gif

Zach had his first at-home meal... we haven't really showed him the house yet, but he's been too busy sleeping to care! Hahaha! It's so wonderful to have him here with us. It's just like a beautiful dream! It's so funny, I pump a little bit between feedings to work on getting my flow up to par and Alex comes over and points at it and says, "Milk for baby!" It's so cute!! He's the best brother! I know there is a ton of work in my future, but this is also going to be SO much fun!!

Penny7271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Penny7271 Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 2:47am
post #111 of 510

I am so glad that you are home and everyone is doing well!

My oldest is Alexander...youngest is Benjamin - they are about the same in age as yours! Alexander thought (and still does) that nursing the baby was the coolest thing ever. Whether it was nursing or pumping he was SO interested. He even pretended to "nurse" his own baby - even though he kept telling us that he knew only mommies could do it. He is the most amazing big brother. And it sounds like your Alex is going to be great!

fiddlesticks Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 3:21am
post #112 of 510

Glad your home and everything is going well ! Enjoy your wonderful family ! And Dont forget to rest !

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 4:21am
post #113 of 510

Mel,
It sounds like Alex is going to be a great big brother. Enjoy this time! You are blessed with two beautiful boys!

chassidyg Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 1:34pm
post #114 of 510

Silly baby, you get him home, and all he wants to do is sleep?

Give Alex a big hug for being such a good big brother! That's so sweet! Kids are fun, I wouldnt trade mine for anything even though they drive me up the wall!

Melvira Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 4:51pm
post #115 of 510

It's funny you said that Penny... I have a nipple sheild that they gave me in the hospital and Alex has seen me use it... so last night I walk into the kitchen and Alex is standing there doing something... I walk up to him and look, and he has his shirt pulled up and he's trying to stick the nipple sheild to his tummy!! He is SO cute!! What a little prince! icon_lol.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 5:00pm
post #116 of 510

MEL !! THATS SO FUNNY BUT SWEET ! icon_razz.gif I have 2 grandaughters ( 4 and 2 and when they finally got a brother last sept they wanted to know why he had a worm (in his diapers) and why they didnt have a worm !! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif kids are such sweet little creatures icon_smile.gif

Amia Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 6:45pm
post #117 of 510

Well neither of my boys would nurse, so I had to pump. It was pretty funny when I found my 2 yr old trying to pump too! He thought it was funny, until he turned it on and it suctioned to his tummy, then it scared him. icon_lol.gif Since we switched to formula last month, he's gotten into taking Jack's bottles and try to feed the dog. Did I mention my dog is a 150 lb Great Dane?

Melvira Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 7:07pm
post #118 of 510

Oh my goodness, I'm imagining a little kid bottle feeding a huge great dane and it's making my incision hurt!! Don't make me laugh like that!

Penny7271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Penny7271 Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 8:15pm
post #119 of 510

Oh - that's a great story, Mel! Alex sounds like such a sweetie. Hope you are having a great day for your first full day home. And I hope that you get at least a little sleep!

Amia Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 9:47pm
post #120 of 510

Sorry Mel! I won't tell anymore funny stories! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%