My Horrible Bad Morning/day (First Cake Disaster)

Decorating By aprilcake Updated 10 Jun 2008 , 11:32pm by cvigil

aprilcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilcake Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 2:24pm
post #1 of 7

I am having a really BAD day! Which is really odd...because usually most things cant put me in a bad mood/day...but today is bad!

To start it off, yesterday I went swiming for a few hours and I got so badly burnt that my bones are aching...i know...sounds weird...but my arms and knees are in major aching/throbbing pain...not the skin...but it feels like the bones/inside. I look like a tomato. I had so much trouble sleeping last night due to this burn and I got up and put 3-4 coats of lotion on throughout the night. Anyways...I could even get through that...but I had to finish a cake early this morning for a client who wants me to take it to a doctor for her birthday at 11:30. So even thought it sucks with timing/burning I get up and finish it and it looks quite cute. So I go to get dressed and let the dogs in and then realize they are being very quiet...then my worst nightmare comes to mind and I remember I forgot to close off the sun room where the cake was and I went in there screaming and there they were...well actually just Lilly...eating the cake. I started bawling and sobbing. So I called into work and told them I am coming in two hours late and I can stay later if needed, which will make my night suck. I made the new cake and its in the oven right now and after it comes out I have to hurry the process of cooling it by sticking it in the freezer for 10-15 minutes and then I have to decorate it and then deliver by 11:30 am. Its 10:10am right now. Please pray for me! After I get the cake done and deliver it, I have to go into work where I have TONS of stuff to do and the doc is gone again so we have the sub doc who is a really fast talker and its so hard to type for him. I just want this day to be over already! below are pics of the cake before and after lilly.

~April
LL

6 replies
butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 3:11pm
post #2 of 7

oh honey... i'm SOOO sorry this happened. sending little prayers up and quick cake decorating vibes toward you

brnrlvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brnrlvr Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 12:50am
post #3 of 7

I have seven dogs. I feel for you!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 1:19am
post #4 of 7

(((hugs)))) ! When it rains, it pours. I hope you can finish it all up-it WAS a cute cake!

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 1:39am
post #5 of 7

How did it turn out? Are you still working?

Sorry about your day, hope tomorrow is better!

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 10:42pm
post #6 of 7

Boy, does that bring back memories!

All I can say is "I feel your pain"!

cvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cvigil Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 11:32pm
post #7 of 7

I burn really easy so I feel for you. If you can, take a cool bath in chammomile and lavender. and then Get yourself some aloe vera leaf and rub it on your burn. icon_cry.gif
I am so sorry this has happened to you. I have a two year old (she'll be 3 on saturday which I think is actually worse than 2). Everytime I have a cake or cookies to do I have to send her to grandma's. Otherwise, there are tiny fingerprints all around the cake and cookies seem to disappear. I hope you feel better.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%