What Is Going On?????

Decorating By Mac Updated 13 Jun 2008 , 8:34pm by Doug

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 12:23pm
post #1 of 89

I have had Cake Central bookmarked since I joined--over 2 yrs ago.
Now when I hit my bookmark list and click on cake central, I get a page for Halifax (something in the UK). Asks for my password.

I can now only access CC from a message in my inbox. And still get lots of errors but eventually I get to it.

I do realize that it's been off and on these past few days due to maintenance but just wanted to let admin know about this new problem. This was the only topic I could get to.
Thanks--Pam

88 replies
luelue1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luelue1971 Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 12:43pm
post #2 of 89

I'm having the same problem but I also get a "phishing website" warning on every page.

Its very strange.

ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 12:45pm
post #3 of 89

It kind of seems like a hacker got in.

sassycleo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sassycleo Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 12:48pm
post #4 of 89

BUMP

I bumped this because I and another member of CC who is a friend of mine are having the same issue. She got the phising warning and I brought up the Halifax website.

The only way I got in was searching for CC on google and sort of back dooring my way in.

If I try not to access anything else on the site I'm getting not found messages - I'm hoping one of the moderator's will see this and bring it to Heath's attention.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 12:49pm
post #5 of 89

I just got the phishing notice too on Internet Explorer. And I can't get to a Forum at all without hitting an error message.

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 12:50pm
post #6 of 89

i had the same problem. my son came in and typed in the address
www.cakecentral.com
and it came up. i normally don't type the www. i'm not sure why that's happening!?!?!

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 12:50pm
post #7 of 89

i had the same problem. my son came in and typed in the address
www.cakecentral.com
and it came up. i normally don't type the www. i'm not sure why that's happening!?!?!

Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 12:53pm
post #8 of 89

I'm glad this is not just me! Hopefully the CC admins will figure this out and keep this site nice and safe for all of us!

fancyface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fancyface Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 12:57pm
post #9 of 89

me Too! i can get in... but then an error message shows.... then i get booted off ....been like that all weekend.....icon_sad.gif

CakesbyJam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyJam Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 1:02pm
post #10 of 89

I'm having the same problem icon_cry.gif It takes me several attempts to be able to access CC .....Halifax keeps coming up and when I can access CC if I click on a Post it says..not found on this server. I see where they are doing maintenance..hopefully this will fix the problem.

When I just went to post this...it says..can't find the server....I'll try to submit it again and hopefully it will only post once!

robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 1:03pm
post #11 of 89

I get the same thing. This is the message from Internet Explorer:

Internet Explorer has determined that this is a reported phishing website. Phishing websites impersonate other sites and attempt to trick you into revealing personal or financial information.

I guess the site owners need to work on this one. Yet another problem! Why can't the internet be nice to us?????? icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

SweetArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetArt Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 1:32pm
post #12 of 89

I'm having the same problems. I can't use my saved favorite link. I was able to get here by typing the www. first. I can get the home page, but can only get to forums when it feels like letting me, other times I get an error page.

janine1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janine1972 Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 1:35pm
post #13 of 89

I too get this phising messages - man - i wonder why this is happening, hope it gets sorted soon though - poor heath another problem to sort out !!

cakecastle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecastle Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 1:35pm
post #14 of 89

Same here (all of the above). I did finally get one post made after trying it about 6 or 7 times but haven't been able to get any more to go through. So not sure if this one will even show up, but I thought I'd give it a try.

AZCakeGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCakeGirl Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 1:51pm
post #15 of 89

Ditto - I keep getting the Halifax page too asking for my username & password. I finally got through after just re-typing the web address several times.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 1:52pm
post #16 of 89

yes...the same for me too! I clicked on my bookmark once...and that Hillfax came up...clicked on it a second time and then the site came up! very strange...and I have been trying to post something all weekend and search in the forums and I get that error message too!

apclassicwed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apclassicwed Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 1:57pm
post #17 of 89

Having the same access problems as every one else! I keep getting the Phishing site warning and when I go from one post to another, I get an error page the first time; it takes 2-3 times to get to the next post. Hope this can be fixed soon...

yaadie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yaadie Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 2:14pm
post #18 of 89

I got this 'phishing' message also, it gave me 3 options and I reported that I believed it WAS not a phishing website. however, the owners of the site needs to log in to report that they are the owners and declare that it is not a phishing website.
I spoke with my techie at work and she suggested that a hacker got into the servers and perhaps put a redirect...and that they need to investigate it....that it could bring about alot of potential damage to users computers. so, I may have to take a break from cakecentral for a few days and hope it gets resolved!! oh withdrawal!!
hope the website owners are paying attention!!!

Merry1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Merry1227 Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 2:17pm
post #19 of 89

OK I thought I was going crazy. It's good to know others are having the same problem.

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 2:21pm
post #20 of 89

Me too! I was getting pretty ticked. How DARE someone mess with cake central. icon_evil.giftapedshut.gif Glad I wasn't the only one. I even shut down my whole system, disconnected from the internet access and everything. icon_mad.gif

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 2:21pm
post #21 of 89

Yes! Me too! I googled it and there is a phishing scam going on from Korea using the Halifax site. The URL still says CC, but it keeps redirecting to Halifax. I was only able to hit this page because of a link in an email!

Poor CC-they have had enough bumps in the road already with the new servers, etc. Now they have to deal with some lowlife hacker hijacking their site!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 2:27pm
post #22 of 89

Well, I just asked my computer genius husband about it, and he said stay off the site for a few days until it gets sorted out. This sucks! What will I do without CC? My DH said "that's going to be hard for you, isn't it?"

Oh well, see you all in a few days...hope they can get it fixed quickly.

Dawanka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dawanka Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 2:41pm
post #23 of 89

It has taken me two hours to log in. I have to keep going back to the previous page and hope that cake central pops up then I have to keep ignoring the phising message.

mamajan61 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamajan61 Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 2:43pm
post #24 of 89

My husband is also a computer programmer and he told me to stay away from CC for a few days.

Last weekend.... the weekend of the 31st, my husband spend the whole weekend cleaning out my machine due to the fact that a nasty little "trojan" had gotten in. My husband kept asking me where I had been on the internet, and I said "no where but to CC"... so he started digging into my computer and told me that I had contracted a virus from CC.

He completely wiped the whole system out and built it back from scratch. I argued with him and told him that CC was a very protected site. It wound up being a huge debate with me and him... well to prove his point, after he had rebuilt everything, he told me to pull up the CC site... sure enough... the trojan popped right back into my machine.

I contacted Heath immediately and told him what had happened.

Heath PM'd me back and said there was no way that could have happened due to the fact that CC is very protected...

Now this.... My husband is not very happy with me cause it takes him 2 days to get my computer straightened out. I work all of my business from my computer....

Just be careful friends... until they can get this all worked out....

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 2:45pm
post #25 of 89

Same Here. I went to cakecentral.com and was forwarded to the other website. I had a old bookmark to the Galleries and that is how I got it.

Has anyone reported to Heath and Jackie?

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 2:47pm
post #26 of 89

They are performing hardware maintenace until tomorrow - I was hopting the issues came from that. I am having the same issues - if the http is in front of the www.cakecentral then I can't get in and I get Halifax. I was thinking the same thing about it being hacked.

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 2:52pm
post #27 of 89

I am also bringing up the Halifax page,but I typed in cake central on yahoo and clicked on www.cakecentral.com/cake-recipes.html and this how I got on.Poor Heath and Jackie the last thing they need is a hacker.Hope they can get it working soon icon_wink.gif

cinjam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinjam Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 3:24pm
post #28 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajan61

My husband is also a computer programmer and he told me to stay away from CC for a few days.

Last weekend.... the weekend of the 31st, my husband spend the whole weekend cleaning out my machine due to the fact that a nasty little "trojan" had gotten in. My husband kept asking me where I had been on the internet, and I said "no where but to CC"... so he started digging into my computer and told me that I had contracted a virus from CC.

He completely wiped the whole system out and built it back from scratch. I argued with him and told him that CC was a very protected site. It wound up being a huge debate with me and him... well to prove his point, after he had rebuilt everything, he told me to pull up the CC site... sure enough... the trojan popped right back into my machine.

I contacted Heath immediately and told him what had happened.

Heath PM'd me back and said there was no way that could have happened due to the fact that CC is very protected...

Now this.... My husband is not very happy with me cause it takes him 2 days to get my computer straightened out. I work all of my business from my computer....

Just be careful friends... until they can get this all worked out....

I have the same trojan!! Yes, it most definietly can happen. Your husband is correct.

I have the same problem everyone else has reported (redirect to Halifax).

oliveoyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oliveoyle Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 4:47pm
post #29 of 89

here too but I still get the halifax page even when i add the www. I googled and came in the back way and it still took 5 tries.

mrsdawnwhite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsdawnwhite Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 9:49pm
post #30 of 89

I got the same thing going on.. I'm glad I wasn't the only one this happened too. It's taken me forever to get on the site today.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%