Need Idea For Elmo Clock Cake

Decorating By Petro Updated 10 Jun 2008 , 12:49am by ceshell

Petro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Petro Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 12:14pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone,
My best friend has requested a cake and I have no idea where to start. This is for her daughter's first birthday. She wants elmo on it with a clock and his hands pointing to 7:27 (baby's birth time) and a bubble coming from his mouth with the baby's birthdate in it. My biggest stumbling block is both of Elmo's hands would be pointing almost straight down overlapping his body. Just would look strange to me or maybe I'm overthinking this? Any ideas?

She's not picky on the shape of the cake, it can be a sheet cake, square or round. Needs to feed at least 25.

Thanks

2 replies
andria7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andria7 Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 12:24am
post #2 of 3

Maybe I am misreading this, but couldn't you have Elmo holding the clock with the clock's hands at 7:27? Then you could put Elmo's hands anywhere.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 12:49am
post #3 of 3

I think she wants Elmo to be in the clock, and his hands are the clock's hands. I don't think they'll overlap too much. Technically if it's at 7:27, the little hand (ok the little Elmo Arm lol) should land be halfway between the 7 and 8...while the big hand will be just over 1/2way between the 5 and the 6. So they should be enough apart that it won't look too weird. Of course it would have been so much better if the baby had been born at 12:15, eh?! icon_wink.gif Post when it's done icon_smile.gif

Still, I'd do a round cake, I'm so literal, if they told me "clock" I'd make it round haha. For "at least 25" what is that, a 9 or 10"? I've done 9" rounds for parties of approx 25, but I torte and fill the layers to get it nice and tall and up the serving sizes by a few slices.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%