How Do I Get A Pretty Champagne Color For My Bc

Decorating By sparklynne Updated 11 Jun 2008 , 12:38am by PattyT

sparklynne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparklynne Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 5:48am
post #1 of 7

I have an upcoming bridal shower cake and the bride is very classic but not a frilly girl by any means I have a really neat idea in mind but would like to have the BC colored that nice champagne color as it would make a beautiful backdrop to my decor. Any ideas or combinations you use to get this color. I am not look for a bold color by any means. Thank you for your time in advance icon_smile.gif

6 replies
sparklynne Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 8:58am
post #2 of 7

I guess I could be confusing people with my color description. I am looking for a blushy beige color very light. I don't know how to describe it sorry icon_redface.gif Hoping someone has some ideas.
Thanks

LoriMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriMc Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 7:45pm
post #3 of 7

Have you tried a copper or skin tone color with a little yellow?

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 4:13am
post #4 of 7

i would think ivory with copper should nail it!

sparklynne Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 7:58pm
post #5 of 7

I will try those suggestions out. Thank you for taking the time to suggest these combinations.

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 11:41pm
post #6 of 7

If you are making Swiss Merengue Buttercream (SMBC), there is one in a Martha Stewart Living Magazine (around Thanksgiving) that uses BROWN sugar when you warm the egg whites. It may be on the MS web site. It's fairly simple, delicious and it comes out a nice pale ivory color depending on whether you use light or dark brown sugar. I'll see if I can find pictures with something I've used it on.

Pat

OK - editing 'cause I found one. I used it on the little mini-muffins in the bottom-left corner.
LL

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 12:38am
post #7 of 7

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%