Jewelry Cake. ?? What Is This?

Decorating By lapazlady Updated 9 Jun 2008 , 1:33pm by bashini

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 8 Jun 2008 , 5:46pm
post #1 of 7

I've been asked to make a "Jewelry" cake. ok?? Where do I start, what the heck is it? I don't think I've ever seen a photo. All advice/ideas most welcome. Photos would be wonderful, too. Help....

6 replies
dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 8 Jun 2008 , 6:26pm
post #2 of 7

. . . I've heard of cake jewelry before . . . but never jewelry cake . . . maybe you would be well advised to ask the client what they are looking for . . .

lapazlady Posted 8 Jun 2008 , 10:25pm
post #3 of 7

I have another interview in a couple of weeks. The cakes (3), including the Jewelry cake are for October so I have time to unravel the problem. This could be a translation problem. I thank you for your help.

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 9:07am
post #4 of 7

no problem . . . I'd love to hear what the final outcome is . . . keep us informed especially if there is something "new" we should know about . . . icon_wink.gif

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 9:44am
post #5 of 7

Hi, when you said "Jewelry cake", what I thought instantly is a cake like this,

http://www.cakesbyjacqueline.com/images/largeimage/Tantallondesignwithcakejewellery.jpg

Lindy Smith's new book, " Cakes to Inspire and Desire" has these kinds of cakes.

icon_smile.gif

lapazlady Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 1:17pm
post #6 of 7

OMG, that is perfect, Bashini. I'll show the young lady the photo and see if that will make her happy. I have the Lindy Smith book, too. Thank you so much.

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 1:33pm
post #7 of 7

No problem. Happy to help! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%