Need Help With Gold Luster Spray/luster Dust On Cake

Decorating By sunflowerfreak Updated 6 Jun 2008 , 1:30pm by bashini

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 11:28pm
post #1 of 3

I am making a 50th wedding anniversary cake for next weekend. I am making a 16 inch square and a 14 inch oval to put on top. An edible picture of the bride and groom will be put on the oval cake. Around the picture I am making a 'frame' made of fondant pressed in a mold. I tested out the spray and it seems great. I also tested out the luster dust and it was too light colored. I will also be making some gumpaste roses in ivory and spraying the tips of them with the gold spray. So my question is my is the gold luster using alcohol too light colored? How do I spray the tips of the roses? And can anyone tell me how this frame was made? It looks like white and gold are coloring the frame and some gold dragees?

sunflowerfreak
LL

2 replies
sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 11:46pm
post #2 of 3

PLEASE HELP ME!!

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 1:30pm
post #3 of 3

Hi, sorry I don't know how the frame is done. But to dust the tip of the roses, you have to use a very smallpaintbrush and dust the gold dust on it. icon_smile.gif

And I personaly prefer to se Confectioner's glaze when I paint with lustre dust. I like the shine it gives when its dried. If you are using glaze, you have to mix little at a time, because the glaze evaporates very quickly. And also you need to have Glaze cleaner if you are using it.

HTH. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%