Edible Markers On Mmf??

Decorating By BakerzJoy Updated 6 Jun 2008 , 2:13pm by DeniseFL

BakerzJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerzJoy Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 6:59pm
post #1 of 3

I have a grooms cake due in 16 days and I'm making a stand up mountain dew can. I plan to cover it with green MMF going on side ways instead of over the top. Anyone Know if it will sag or will this be okay?

Then I plan to have my brother who is a tatoo artist draw the mountain dew label with edible markers onto white MMF and I will cut it out and place it on the cake. I also plan to have my brother put the back label with calories and ingredients etc. onto white MMF with edible markers also. I am new to edible markers and I thought this may work, but I started thinking today maybe the markers could bleed into the MMF or not be as bright.
I don't have a printer from edible images so this was basically my only option. Anyone know if this will work or has anyone had experience with edible markers on fondant before?
Thanks for any advice you may have!!

2 replies
Rincewind Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rincewind Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 7:59pm
post #2 of 3

I've used Americolor Gourmet Markers on the trim of my son's Naruto cake. They were just simple swirls and, yes, they did want to bleed a bit. I had to use a very light hand....

I think it would be possible to do what you describe, especially with your brother being a tattoo artist. He would just have to use a very, very light hand. I don't know, it might even be easier and neater with a very fine, small paint brush and food coloring paste or gel. Maybe let him practice on a piece of fondant to see how it goes?

Hopefully someone with more experience and expertise will have some good advice for you!

Good luck!

DeniseFL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseFL Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 2:13pm
post #3 of 3

I tried the markers once, but had no success .. don't know why icon_sad.gificon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%