Which Cannon Printer To Buy For Edible Images

Decorating By Babygirlx Updated 4 Jun 2008 , 7:41pm by Babygirlx

Babygirlx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babygirlx Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 2:54pm
post #1 of 5

I recently bought an epson printer which kopykake told me was ok. I spent $75 on edible ink from them only for it not to work in the printer. I also purchased the paper and you all know its very expensive for both. After hours of being coached on the phone from the epson people and kopykake, I had to return them both and pay a restocking fee even though kopykake told me the wrong printer to purchase. Can anyone tell me what they use (item #) and where to buy the most reasonable supplies?

4 replies
deanwithana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deanwithana Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 3:08pm
post #2 of 5

I ordered the canon pixma 3500 from ebay for $30 with shipping brand new and then ordered the edible ink from kopycake for around $50 and the paper for $28. It was all below $150 and it works great!!!! The only thing that confused me is that I had to move microchips from the regular ink cartridges to the edible ink cartridges. Once I figured out how to do this, it went smoothly.

Lenore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenore Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 3:10pm
post #3 of 5

HI. So sorry to hear you had bad luck with the kopykake products and epson printer. My experience was the opposite. They worked well for me using the canon epson stylus C88+. I did initially have trouble with the black ink cartridge leaking as I had a very small amount of the tape film remaining over the vent hole and I did not see it. You really have to make sure you get all that tape off of there. They quickly sent me another for free. I found that their customer service was great. They really want to help you to get things up and running. Good luck in the future.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 4:23pm
post #4 of 5

Do you still have the printer? If so you can buy refillable ink cartridges to fit it on ebay and buy the refill kit from kopykake so you can use it. If you're interested I will look up the supplier on ebay for you.

Babygirlx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babygirlx Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 7:41pm
post #5 of 5

No I returned the printer to office max. They only took it back because they saw the original ink and photo access were not open. Im interested in buying from wherever because I need it asap. Baskin robbins charges $15 and my teacher charges $10 plus tax.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%