Belly Cake

Decorating By lusain Updated 9 Jun 2008 , 1:16am by tracey1970

lusain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lusain Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 2:04pm
post #1 of 3

is anyone willing to share with me how to make (form) a belly cake? icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

2 replies
practiceandpatience Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
practiceandpatience Posted 8 Jun 2008 , 5:38pm
post #2 of 3

For my belly cake, I used 1/2 of the sports ball pan for the belly, and two of the ball cupcakes for the breasts. other options for the belly are, 1/2 of the egg pan, a pyrex bowl, or an aluminum bowl, in the size you desire. other options for the breasts are cupcakes, mini bowls, or some have used the mini magic mold, but I find these too high and pointy??
I find making the dress much easier to do in two pieces, one to cover the belly and one to cover the breasts. I use a tape measure to measure how much fondant I need to cover each piece. once they are covered, I use another strip of fondant as a ribbon between the belly and breasts to cover the seam. HOpe this helps!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_540533.html

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 1:16am
post #3 of 3

A CC poster named briansbaker once posted helpful instructions and step-by-step photos of how this is done, but the thread was lost in the recent database crash. Perhaps this person is still on here and you could PM them to see if they still have the original thread they posted.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%