Moving To San Diego (San Marcos) - Recommendations Needed!

Business By cakesbyallison Updated 5 Jun 2008 , 12:09am by indigojods

cakesbyallison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyallison Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 11:39pm
post #1 of 3

I'm moving to San Marcos (San Diego county) next week, and was wondering if there's anyone out in that general area, who can refer me to cake suppliers / stores in the area or if anyone knows where I can look into kitchen rental space?! I'm planning on taking the summer off, but will start looking into commercial kitchen spaces for next fall!

2 replies
BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 11:57pm
post #2 of 3

I'm not sure what kind of suppliers you are talking about. I am originally from San Diego, and I bought a lot of supplies from Do It With Icing. I also bought from Smart & Final, Costco, etc.

I guess it depends on what exactly you are looking for.

indigojods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indigojods Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 12:09am
post #3 of 3

Allison, congratulations on your upcoming move to San Diego. I live in Rancho Bernardo which is not far from San Marcos. Do It With Icing is awesome and is down in Clairemont which is probably 25 -30 mins from San Marcos. That is also where the San Diego Cake Club meets on the first monday of every month so you should come and check it out and meet some fun cakers. The only other cake supply store that I know of that might be convenient for you is called Pila's Pantry and is up in Temecula, but I have never been there. Good luck with your move! Feel free to ping me if you need help finding anything else here.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%