Vbs Cupcakes Theme Tropical

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 3 Jun 2008 , 7:39pm by cakebaker1957

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 6:34pm
post #1 of 3

Hi all, i was asked to do some cupcakes for the vacation bible school
There them is Tropical, i thought of trying to do cupcakes with coral looking BC icing then i have some tropical fish gummy style, that i was going to put on top any ideal how to make some coral looking stuff on top of the cupcakes i have it pictured in my head but any info would help a lot.
Thanks need them tomorrow

2 replies
tippyad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tippyad Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 7:15pm
post #2 of 3

How about making the coral w/ some royal icing tonight on waxed paper. Then you can place them upright on the iced ccs tomorrow. I suggest icing the ccs in a sandy color or sprinkle them w/ crushed graham crackers. Good Luck!

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 7:39pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippyad

How about making the coral w/ some royal icing tonight on waxed paper. Then you can place them upright on the iced ccs tomorrow. I suggest icing the ccs in a sandy color or sprinkle them w/ crushed graham crackers. Good Luck!

The graham crackers sounds good, i was worried that the kids 5yr olds would try to eat the coral, afraid it might cut there mouth or something, i thought of trying to build it up and taking a pin or something and pricking holes in it ? i will figure it out if not they will get plain old cupcakes.
Thanks for the info, this would be great for older kids ,

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%