I Need Input For A Cake Batter

Decorating By CNCS Updated 3 Jun 2008 , 1:52pm by CNCS

CNCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 1:01pm
post #1 of 6

I have a perspective client that wants a cake thet tastes like vanalla wafers, (why do I get the hard ones) She wants it covered in real whipped cream and strawberry puree and whole strawberries.

Is there even a recipe out there for a batter like this.

Why me?????

I found out another cake decorator turned her down because of her wild ideas on how things should tase. She's hard to work with and tempermental.

I have a few days before I say yes or no to doing this cake for her.

Told hubby about it last night and he thinks she wants a clone of a sara lee strawberry short cake they no longer make... Oh geez I'm rattled.

5 replies
Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 1:10pm
post #2 of 6

Scary....I'd run, far!!! I would just tell her you don't know of a recipe that would suit her, this is the recipes you have that are tried and proven. I would love to hear IndyDebi's input on this one!

CNCS Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 1:17pm
post #3 of 6

I googled vanilla wafer cake and came up with a cake MADE with vanilla wafers instead of flour.

Wonder if Taste of home has a good recipe.

I have a friend on the phone who may have a recipe for a tiramasu that can be altered. I'm on hold while she looks.

I may just tell her i cant do what she wants unless I use a recipe I know is good.

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 1:21pm
post #4 of 6

Run

away

now!

Then try try the cool vanilla wafer cake that CNCS found online just for fun on your own. But I say that taking on a client like her is completely not worth the frustration. icon_smile.gif

Edited: Oops - I mean the recipe that YOU found! Sorry, I didn't realize you are the original poster. icon_redface.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 1:25pm
post #5 of 6

You actually don't want every customer who comes to your phone/door. Whenever I hear someone say, "so and so turned me dwon for this, but I've heard you're the best so I know you can do it" I generally get my running shoes on, 'cause I'm not gonna take the order either.

Run.

Fast.

CNCS Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 1:52pm
post #6 of 6

I'm going to pass on her order I cant take the aggrivation.

Going to check out Taste of Home's recipes cause I saw a cake on there once that was thin layers of cake (looked like 10 - 12 pencil thin layers) iced and stacked.

Now where's my trifle dish...

Just may try it on the family first.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%