What Should I Get?

Decorating By courtney1009 Updated 5 Jun 2008 , 1:47pm by Kiddiekakes

courtney1009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
courtney1009 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 12:43pm
post #1 of 7

I want to order some molds for fondant and gumpaste but I don't know where to start. I know I want to get a bead mold but other than that I don't know.... I don't want to get anything that I'm just going to use once. I want to get about 3 or 4 good ones. Also what brand should I buy? There are so many on Global Sugar Art that I have no idea what I should buy.

6 replies
twindees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twindees Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 1:00pm
post #2 of 7

courtney1009 what types of cakes do you do the most of. I would think of that first. Having something for a Birthday, baby shower, baptism, Shells, ETC. I am trying to think of what I have... There is always going to things that you will buy that you will not use for a long time or not at all. Look at what you like. For instance I have a few friends that are teachers, so I purchased this mold that came with several teacher type things. My children bowl and there was a bowling pin and mini balls. My husband is a carpentar there was one for that, etc.

I hope I helped.

AlanT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlanT Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 10:05pm
post #3 of 7

I have just posted an instruction sheet on molding. You can see it at this link http://globalsugarart.com/instruction_sheets/2008_05_31_AJP9AXTQ_Successful%20Molding2.htm
. Alan

courtney1009 Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 11:53am
post #4 of 7

the instruction sheet isn't coming up..... thanks for your help twindees.

AlanT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
courtney1009 Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 1:28pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks! It works now.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 1:47pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks Alan,

This is a great tutorial on molds!!! Now I know how to use them properly!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%