~Squeal!!~ I Got My Sugarshack Dvd's!!!

Decorating By yelle66 Updated 6 Aug 2008 , 5:17pm by tktexasgirl

yelle66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yelle66 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 11:07pm
post #1 of 60

I wasn't even expecting them until Wed or Thurs. I am so excited right now. I think I may have even jumped up and down when I saw them in the mail. Hopefully, my neighbors weren't watching icon_redface.gif

59 replies
sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 12:24am
post #2 of 60

tee hee hee

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 12:27am
post #3 of 60

these are at the top of my "wish list" that i gave my hubby... along with the edible image printer and an airbrush.. so i'm hoping i'll get them first!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 2:26am
post #4 of 60

I just got mine today too (birthday present from hubby)!!! Of course I ripped open the package and started watching right away....and was still watching when hubby came home from work. Oops. LOL! My day job (production work) has been DEAD, so I watched the BC and the fondant DVDs one right after each other and finally tore myself away before watching the stacking DVD, but might have to stay up with another piece of birthday cheesecake to watch it or else I won't be able to get to sleep!

majormichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majormichel Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 6:24pm
post #5 of 60

How are the DVD's? Do they have detail instructions? I have them on my wish list.

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 1:03am
post #6 of 60

These DVDs are awesome. Sharon is the best teacher. She is clear, easy to understand, not at all condescending, and her videos are done in "real time." There are no editing tricks or "magical" after photos. She shows everything, including how to fix little hiccups and each DVD has extra sections on how to do specialty stuff. Worth every penny! Enjoy!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 2:55am
post #7 of 60

Yes! I agree! I learned a tip in the first few minutes of the BC DVD that made it worth it's money right there. Loved the fondant DVD. Haven't watched the stacking DVD yet, but I know I am going to learn soooo much.

yelle66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yelle66 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 3:10am
post #8 of 60

I just watched the buttercream DVD today and LOVED it. It is amazing! She does go through everything at the perfect pace to take it all in. I love it. I don't even use that kind of buttercream and I thought it was awesome. I can't wait to do a "play cake" next week icon_wink.gif

cakesnkids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesnkids Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 7:56pm
post #9 of 60

We can't wait to see your play cake!

MommaLlama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaLlama Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 3:38pm
post #10 of 60

I love the tips in these dvds. I like the fact that they are things that I have never heard before. All new stuf. the techniques she uses just make so much sense. icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

flowermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flowermom Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 3:46pm
post #11 of 60

I have all three and will be using one today so I stack the wedding cake correctly! I have already watched it several times!

I have learned sooooo much watching her DVDs and find them one of the best tools to have great looking cakes. I made a cake made in February and used her method for smoothing the buttercream. I knew the DVD was worth every single penny when another cake decorator at the shower asked me how I got my frosting so smooth! That was the time I was thinking I need something to help me with stacking the cakes! And what would you know Sharon has a 3rd DVD just in time for me to do my first wedding cake! icon_biggrin.gif

Sandi

disneynutbsv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disneynutbsv Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 3:50pm
post #12 of 60

On the fondant one, does she show how to get nice crisp corners? And I'm curious as to what kind of fondant she usesicon_smile.gif

MommaLlama Posted 8 Jun 2008 , 10:49pm
post #13 of 60

She does show how to make crisp corners on fondant, the edges and the tops. icon_biggrin.gif

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 4:09pm
post #14 of 60

okay folks you got me convinced, i am whipping out the credit card right this minute! cheers!

MommaLlama Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 4:59pm
post #15 of 60

Good for you!! You're gonna love it!!!!!

sugarshack Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 6:28am
post #16 of 60

thanks ya'll!

disneynutbsv Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 8:53pm
post #17 of 60

I just got all 3 of my dvds! I've watched the Buttercream and Fondant DVD's. Unfortunately my kids want me to cook dinner so I'll have to wait for the stacking dvd, lol. I just wish I had a cake to do this weekend!

sugarshack Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 6:50pm
post #18 of 60

icon_biggrin.gif

disneynutbsv Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 7:05pm
post #19 of 60

I did a cake today and doing the icing the way she says is awesome! Plus I don't have to make any for awhile, lol.

I loved using the Bench Scraper and impression Mat. I'll be using her stacking techniques this weekend.

Anyhow, I still have a lot to improve upon, but I feel like I got a much smoother cake! You can check it out in my photos:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1233190&done=1

sugarshack Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 6:37pm
post #20 of 60

It looks great! Congrats to you!!!

bwonderful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bwonderful Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 7:23pm
post #21 of 60

I'm so jealous....

sharon57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharon57 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 7:32pm
post #22 of 60

I have the bc dvd, can't wait to try it for my first wedding cake. Only thing is I don't have a bench scrapper. Does anyone know where I can purchase one without having to order it. Thanks

disneynutbsv Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 7:38pm
post #23 of 60

you can get it directly from Sugarshackicon_smile.gif

SugarMama602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarMama602 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 8:07pm
post #24 of 60

I just got one from Marshall's of all places...it's called a Chop N Scoop or something like that....but it's got the flat edge and the handle...$5!

sugarshack Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 8:17pm
post #25 of 60

you can also try bed bath and beyond

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 11:55pm
post #26 of 60

i got my buttercream DVD today too!

i called my boyfriend and told him that i have a great Friday nite DVD for us to watch...and he actually can't wait to watch it with me!

floophs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floophs Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 12:20am
post #27 of 60

Staceyboots, just for kicks, let us know what your boyfriend says about the DVD. I think that would be interesting. icon_lol.gif

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 12:48am
post #28 of 60

After the pic today by disneynutbsv and the pic that was on the main page yesterday (sorry, forget who) that was absolutely flawless and only the 2nd cake with Sugarshack's techniques...I know I need all of the videos and I think there needs to be a new gallery (or at least a thread) first post-Sugarshack DVD cakes or a before and after. icon_lol.gif

floophs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floophs Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 1:12am
post #29 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizatchgirl

I think there needs to be a new gallery (or at least a thread) first post-Sugarshack DVD cakes or a before and after. icon_lol.gif

I think that's an AWESOME idea...I say start one. I agree...that cake that was on yesterday was fabulous...and I too would like to see cakes that have been done after they've watched the DVDs.

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 1:26am
post #30 of 60

i'll let you guys know what he thinks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%