Did Any Of Cc Michigan,can Members Go To See Red Bull Races?

Lounge By sweetcravings Updated 3 Jun 2008 , 6:19pm by sweetcravings

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 2:12am
post #1 of 3

I was wondering if anyone went down to the river to see the red bull air races this weekend? My family and i went down both on Sat..but it was cancelled due to high winds, and today. We were on the Windsor side. It was absolute craziness trying to get into the event. icon_mad.gif We were put in lines winding in and out of windsor streets just to get into the event. We were in the lines for at least an hour and fifteen minutes. icon_cry.gif It was horrible. Then once we got in, it was hard to get a good view as everyone was standing around us. Unless we were over 6ft tall we could only see certain things. icon_sad.gif I thought the helicopter show, and the fighter jet at the beginning was really cool. thumbsdown.gif But overall i felt it was the biggest waste of 70.oo we've spent. What did you think? Did you have a better experience?
Our mayor is already saying how fabulous the event was, how everyone loved it. icon_eek.gif Yeah right! He was probably watching the show in one of the high buildings downtown, drinking a beer, not having to stand in line like the citizens. icon_rolleyes.gif
We had americans all around us while we were waiting in line. They too were shocked at how unorganized the event was. I felt bad that they got such a poor welcome to our city.
So what did you think?

suz

2 replies
awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 5:40pm
post #2 of 3

Actually, my DH and my DS were supposed to go on Sunday but didn't specifically because of the Sat. cancellation and my DH thought that Sun. would be way too crowded.

Too bad it was so poorly organized. I heard about Kwame being there - what a total joke.

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 6:19pm
post #3 of 3

Ya know, it was something to see I guess but i'm sooo not the patient type and the lines put me over the edge. I'd image it was the same craziness over on the Detroit side. The michigan people around us said they couldn't get tickets over there so they decided to try here. They also said it would've been as poorly organized in detroit, the only difference they said the people over there are sooo pushy and rude..i was kinda surprized by that comment. They say the people on the canadian side are better mannored and listen to the rules. It sounded like they've had some bad experiences in Detroit. Oh well, at least i can say i saw it.

The funny thing is the news, and radio are spinning this whole thing as the best thing ever for windsor. They really underplayed the problems that happened on that day, so much so my husband and i looked at each other and said, "did we go to the same event they are talking about?".lol I think they were trying to stay positive because they want the air bull races to put windsor/detroit as one of their yearly race places. It was good for the businesses downtown.
I'm sure Kwame was doing the same thing as the windsor mayor..trying to keep business in the area..makes them look good. But i bet THEY didn't have to wait in an hour+ to get into the silly thing.
I guess you live and learn.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%