Had To Post My Son's Eagle

Decorating By shanasweets Updated 3 Jun 2008 , 5:49am by shanasweets

shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 11:30pm
post #1 of 8

This is the cake I made for my son's eagle court of honor. I also made 30 eagle cookies (from the official boyscout cookie cutter, it was big). The bottom layer is snickerdoodle with apple filling. The 12 points of Scout law are written in diagnal around cake, top layer is chocolate with oreo mousse. This layer was suppose to be covered with edible images of his badges, but they kept falling apart on me. So I took the pictures and laminated the back and attach to cake. All covered in buttercream. I topped with pictures of my son when he started scouts and now when he has finished. Also have sprinkle stars all over top layers. I covered the board with fabric and contact paper, worked well, but not easy on a circle. The cookies are cream cheese cookies from Karen's cookies website covered with antonia's icing. Spent all day saturday and parts of friday working on this. Now I am just trying to clean up from it all. Thanks to those who helped me with ideas for my cookies. Not sure what to think about the edible image problem, I tried placing in freezer like someone suggested, but still could not get to pull off. I don't know if because I cut them first. Maybe I should have run along edge of counter before cutting around image. Oh well, I had a plan B, so it worked out. Would love any helpful advice. I just had to share.
LL

7 replies
dominique26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dominique26 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 1:40am
post #2 of 8

Your son and his fellow Eagle Scouts must have loved the cake and cookies. Congratulations on becoming and Eagle Scout mom! thumbs_up.gif

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 2:00am
post #3 of 8

Congratulations to your son - That's quite an honor...

and a great cake Mom.........well done.

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 2:02am
post #4 of 8

That is beautiful! Great job mom!

chaniliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaniliz Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 10:40pm
post #5 of 8

Great job on your cake mom and congratulations to your son.
Lizzie

yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 10:46pm
post #6 of 8

Snickerdoodle...that's new! Would you mind sharing the recipe? icon_smile.gif

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 11:02pm
post #7 of 8

great job!
congrats to all of you! you must be proud.
my oldest daughter got both silver and gold awards through girl scouts.
i know how much work goes into it.
enjoy this special time.

shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 5:49am
post #8 of 8

I used the snickerdoodle receipe from the cake dotor book. I did add the extender receipe though, so I filled 2 10 in pans. It was good, everyone at work loves the left overs.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%