Anybody Good With Computers? Can't Sign In On Cc On 1 Puter

Lounge By Sugar_Plum_Fairy Updated 2 Jun 2008 , 2:10am by ThatsHowTcakesRolls

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 10:17pm
post #1 of 5

Can anyone help me? Right now I'm on my laptop (my secondary computer). For some reason all of a sudden since right before CC went 'down' yesterday, I can no longer sign in to CC on my main PC. I did make CC a trusted site, but then whenever I went from one screen to another I kept getting a pop up asking me if I was sure that it was safe to go to that page or something to that effect. I got annoyed and finally took CC out of the trusted site list (it was the only one there anyway).

Now whenever I go to CC and hit sign in, I hit the "S" and Sugar_Plum_Fairy comes up and the asterisks appear in the password box (representing my password), but when I hit submit I get the home page again, but I'm still not signed in! I'm so frustrated as CC is the site I most often go to!! icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

Does anybody have any ideas? Obviously I need to change a setting or something on my PC, but I'm stumped as to which.

4 replies
veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 10:23pm
post #2 of 5

Must be the gremlins on the loose again. My Yahoo account is screwy and I can't figure out what is up with that!

Wish I could help, maybe keeping you at the top of the list will bring help. Maybe PM Heath, he seems to know most, if not all, the answers.

ThatsHowTcakesRolls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 1:08am
post #3 of 5

Have you cleared all your cookies, your history - your cache? I have to do that often or my computer slows down. Do you use Internet Explorer? I switched to Mozilla Firefox and I have no troubles now. I think I saw Doug mention it a couple of times so I decided to switch and it's been awesome. There is only one site that I use that isn't compatible with Firefox and then, I just use Internet Explorer but it really helped all my troubles with CC to switch.

Try the stuff I mentioned at the top and let me know if you're still having trouble. Of course, you should restart too - Some people don't realize how important it is to restart your computer if you notice that something isn't working right. A lot of times it will fix it. Good Luck!

Tammi

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 1:35am
post #4 of 5

Thanks, so much! As it turns out I did clean up my cookies and browser history and I had a feeling that's what was messing me up. So, not being the most computer savvy person, I've been trying to go through my computer to find out where the cookies files are and see if anything was blocked and even if it said it wasn't, I checked off the boxes to make sure they weren't. Anyway, after fiddling around for about 20 minutes or so I finally was able to sign in.

I actually feel as if I've accomplished something now! I was dreading having to only come onto CC with my laptop. When my children are at school and DH's at work it's easier to just use the PC.

Swooo *wipes forehead* one less thing to worry about! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

ThatsHowTcakesRolls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 2:10am
post #5 of 5

Oh good! I hate when thing like that happen!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%