Does Anyone Know What The Pme Frill Tubes Do? Pic Attached..

Decorating By CakeDiva73 Updated 1 Aug 2013 , 8:35am by CakePrincessPE

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 31 May 2008 , 5:32am
post #1 of 27

Does anyone know what these PME frill tubes result in? I am trying to see what kind of effects these products have but after searching, I still can't find examples of what border or icing details these will make. Does anyone have any idea?
LL

26 replies
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 31 May 2008 , 7:43am
post #2 of 27

I don't have an answer, but those look funky! Can't wait to find out what they do.

LadyMike Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyMike Posted 31 May 2008 , 7:51am
post #3 of 27

I don't know either but I'm really interested in finding out. You know, always looking for new cake toys. icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

LadyMike icon_smile.gif

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 31 May 2008 , 8:37am
post #4 of 27

I would love to see what those interesting tubes do.

rozben Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdaze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdaze Posted 31 May 2008 , 12:57pm
post #6 of 27

I have this set of tips, bought them when I lived in the UK. They are really neat. They make ruffles in different designs. They are a little fiddly at first but they do produce something a little different. They are really long so you do get a really long ruffle.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 31 May 2008 , 1:14pm
post #7 of 27

I love to play with mine.. some make ruffles with a edge that comes out sorta like a extra ruffle (hard to explain) ..

I bought these a long time ago before I got over my tip fetish LOL...

These are very nice to have icon_biggrin.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 31 May 2008 , 2:37pm
post #8 of 27

Those look really cool. If I haven't been spending so much money on supplies for cake camp and some other goodies lately, I would buy those in a hearbeat.

Oh well, maybe Santa will bring me some in my stocking this year! hee hee

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 31 May 2008 , 2:38pm
post #9 of 27

Hey, I just realized: I reached SuperStar status. Hurray for me!

6ducks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
6ducks Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 1:29am
post #10 of 27

Hi, I have managed to locate a picture of the pme frill tips and the frills that each does. Here's the link below.

https://www.knightsbridgepme.co.uk/IMG/Latest/L/_DSF3130.jpg

MaurorLess67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaurorLess67 Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 3:43am
post #11 of 27

Wow 6ducks- first post and what great info right out of the gate!!! Yeah, you gonna fit right in here!!!!

Mo

shelbycompany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbycompany Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 3:57am
post #12 of 27

Wow. Those tips are cool. Now I want them!! Thanks for the link thumbs_up.gif

mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 4:16am
post #13 of 27

so pretty! more fun with buttercream

6ducks Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 4:39am
post #14 of 27

no problem! Glad I found them .I was watching cake boss the other night, season 3, episode 2. They showed how quickly they did a frilled swag and those ruffles/frills came out so quickly and evenly with one quick movement. And I thought "I want that tip!!" Eventually managed to find them. So I'll be ordering a set of them asap!!

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 3:47pm
post #15 of 27

Thanks 6Ducks! I purchased these about a year ago when I was buying everything I clapped eyes on thinking I'd make that "xxxxx" right away! Well, a year later.....still haven't tried 'em.

bakingkat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingkat Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 4:54pm
post #16 of 27

I used one of those to make the 2 tier teal ruffle cake in my gallery. It was so fun, quick, and easy. That was my first attempt using the tips so it could be a little more even and straighter, but it worked. icon_smile.gif

HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 4:55pm
post #17 of 27

Ohhh, I am gonna have to buy them now. Thanks so much for posting the question and for 6ducks for so quickly finding an example of what each tip does. More cake toys.... Yippeeee!

dulcearoma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dulcearoma Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 5:14pm
post #18 of 27

Where can I find the tips to purchase them?

dulcearoma Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 5:15pm
post #19 of 27

They look fun, where didi you purchase them?

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 7:25pm
post #20 of 27

You can buy the set at GlobalsugarArt, $23.99:

http://www.globalsugarart.com/search.php?search=PME+frill+tips&searchimage.x=0&searchimage.y=0

OR

Sugar craft dot com (you'll have to retype correctly, the site is blocked if I try and provide a link)

Type in the search box: PME ruffle tips

That will take you to a Looooooong page of tips (tubes). Scroll all the way to the bottom and you'll see them displayed.

PME Frill Tip Set - PME's set of 7 frill tips. Professional stainless steel decorating tips, will not rust and have no seams. #43-FS007 $23.95 + shipping

NOTE: These are made overseas and may NOT fit our USA couplers.

molly_36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
molly_36 Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 7:45pm
post #21 of 27

Amazon has them for under $20

6ducks Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 11:03pm
post #22 of 27

I just bought them from Amazon USA. I live in Australia and found them to be the cheapest at $16.99. icon_biggrin.gif

dulcearoma Posted 5 Nov 2011 , 11:21pm
post #23 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apti

You can buy the set at GlobalsugarArt, $23.99:

http://www.globalsugarart.com/search.php?search=PME+frill+tips&searchimage.x=0&searchimage.y=0

OR

Sugar craft dot com (you'll have to retype correctly, the site is blocked if I try and provide a link)

Type in the search box: PME ruffle tips

That will take you to a Looooooong page of tips (tubes). Scroll all the way to the bottom and you'll see them displayed.

PME Frill Tip Set - PME's set of 7 frill tips. Professional stainless steel decorating tips, will not rust and have no seams. #43-FS007 $23.95 + shipping

NOTE: These are made overseas and may NOT fit our USA couplers.

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 11:07am
post #24 of 27

FYI PME tubes/tips do fit Wilton couplers, but PME also sell their own if in doubt. But they are virtually the same as Wiltons.

BillieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BillieB Posted 16 Jan 2012 , 9:02pm
post #25 of 27

see: Youtube video for example of PME frill tips

"Chef Tools - How to Jazz Up a Cake"

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 16 Jan 2012 , 11:55pm
post #26 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ducks

no problem! Glad I found them .I was watching the other night, season 3, episode 2. They showed how quickly they did a frilled swag and those ruffles/frills came out so quickly and evenly with one quick movement. And I thought "I want that tip!!" Eventually managed to find them. So I'll be ordering a set of them asap!!

I just watched this episode on Netflix and didn't see any frilling. Did anyone else? Could you point it out to me? I have several of these tips and would like to see them in action!

CakePrincessPE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakePrincessPE Posted 1 Aug 2013 , 8:35am
post #27 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ducks 

no problem! Glad I found them .I was watching cake boss the other night, season 3, episode 2. They showed how quickly they did a frilled swag and those ruffles/frills came out so quickly and evenly with one quick movement. And I thought "I want that tip!!" Eventually managed to find them. So I'll be ordering a set of them asap!!

Hey all - look what I found... 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%