Cried A Lot Today.. Kids Are Home And I Need To Vent...

Lounge By wgoat5 Updated 13 Jun 2008 , 2:34pm by travelingcakeplate

lepaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lepaz Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 7:16pm
post #31 of 62

wgoat5, I want to scream!!! At YOU!!! Not at the man who said the mean things to you because he will ALWAYS be ugly, inside and out.
Girl, DO NOT let people tell you how beautiful/ugly you are! That is for YOU to determine! Who are these people that you are letting determine your self-worth???! Only YOU can do that! If you believe you are ugly, then ugly you shall be, if you believe you are beautiful, then you will be the most beautiful person in yours and your families world (the only people who matter). Your husband loves you because of YOU, that's what counts, not what anyone else says. Look at all those "beautiful" people in Hollywood that have truely miserable lives. Beauty may not be on the outside, but I would rather be beautiful on the inside than on the outside. Our world has far too many people who have no inner-beauty. And listen here, if YOU believe you are a truely beautiful person on the inside, it will show on the outside and the people that gather around you will be the kind of friends that are worth keeping. Believing in yourself will take time because you've spent so much time focusing on negatives, but it will come and you will be beautiful to yourself.
I know, I was not a pretty girl in school, big nose, nasally voice and I got teased-alot. I remember laughing but not feeling very happy. I still have the big nose, still nasally when I talk and the memories, BUT those people are long gone and one day I decided I was a beautiful person and today I am. People see past what is on the surface and see the inside. My husband who was a "catch" in his day tells me how lucky he is to have caught ME. Don't prove your husband wrong, he knows why he married you and if you think about it, so do you. Say it with me, we're NOT ugly, we ARE beautiful people and we LOVE ourselves!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 7:34pm
post #32 of 62

Christi,

You and I have been on CC along time!! I have never met you personally and probably never will but you are the most gracious,helpful,kind person I have met here!! True beauty lies beneath all that superficial beauty!! I don't care what you look like...I admire and respect you for You!!

LOL

Laurel

SaraO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraO Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 10:12pm
post #33 of 62

You are a very kind person on the inside and are incredibly talented. Don't let what that guy said define you. Obviously, he has some serious problems! I was so mad when I read what he said I wanted to punch him, even though I have no idea who he is. How could he be so mean and stupid? I'm glad you have a good family that cares about you. When people say mean things like that I try to remember what a professor told me, "What people say about you actually says a lot more about them than it does about you." Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I hope everything gets better for you and that you soon feel beautiful on the outside as well as on the inside!

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 2:26am
post #34 of 62

What.

An.

Arse.

Everyone else has already said it... beauty is on the inside. Please, please don't allow those kind of comments anymore. Especially in front of your children. Perhaps something along the lines of, "Get out of my car this minute". Or, "You can fix ugly, but you can't fix stupid".

Or, "You are too rude to ever earn my respect. Get out".

(((hugs)))

And karma is a b****. That dude is going to gain 300 pounds and get some kind of flesh eating disease. Dumb A**.

And indydebi, I am with you...At 5'3" I hovered between 120-130 (and thought I was fat) until after the birth of my third child. Developed large goiter, diagnosed hashimoto's, and even 5 years later on 175mg of levoxyl, I am hovering around 180. And I watch my gorgeous, slender DD get all the looks. icon_smile.gif She had the nerve to eat 2 huge pieces of cake in front of me, followed by her third dinner, and then say, "It's GREAT to be 15!!!" Enjoy it while you can, my skinny child...

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 2:28am
post #35 of 62

icon_smile.gif

You all have made me smile icon_smile.gif

That's why I just let the guy go on... I am not a confrontational person... I hated he said that in front of my kiddos because I knew they would feel bad for me. icon_sad.gif

I hate to see my kids cry on my behalf icon_sad.gif

CambriasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CambriasCakes Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 7:18am
post #36 of 62

I am so floored right now I really don't even know what to say! I can't imagine what would posess someone to say something like that - alcohol or not! What an idiot!!!

I was teased for a period in my childhood too. I was a chunky little thing - short and round, I guess you could say. Once I hit about 10th grade all that weight just melted off and guess what? I got lots of attention! (Small waste, big boobs!) Fast forward 17 years (I just dated myself didn't I?? Shoot!) and 2 kids later....I'm back to being short and round again but you know what? I've always been the same person on the inside no matter what I've looked like and that is something I am really proud of! And you, Christie, should be too! I know you're a good person and a great mom because of your recent post regarding your daughter, you know..."the apple doesn't fall far from the tree"?!!

Don't EVER try to hide yourself in the back of a room - you have a something of value to share with the world....please don't deprive anyone of that. YOU may be the one who has an encouraging word or an awesome hug that someone really needs...God will use you in ways you never thought possible my friend!!

ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 12:52pm
post #37 of 62

There are jerks all around us and they try to get to EVERYBODY. Please don't let them. Since when does a drunk jerk get to define you?

Here is what I know about beauty. It really does have to do with who you are. Hold your head up, your shoulders back, and find reasons to laugh and smile all day every day. You are such a kind and helpful person. You have every reason to be confident because you have love to share and people who need your love are all around you.

Think about who the most "attractive" people are in your life? I would guess that they would be friendly, encouraging, fun folks who make you smile to be around? I think that sort of person lives inside of you. Makes you very attractive in my book. I bet you glow. icon_smile.gif

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 1:19pm
post #38 of 62

I am sorry that happened to you I have tears, you seem to be a very nice and kind person explain to your kids in the world you have very mean people and that man is not what they want to be like my daddy always said what goes around comes around you may not be their to see it but eventually it catches up. ((((HUGS))))

Molly2

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 1:22pm
post #39 of 62

Another thought...

Looks change and fade with time. Personailty lasts forever.

If it had been me and some dumbass drunk entered MY vehicle while my children were in it...he would have been verbally helped right out of there.
If the idiot started demeaning me in front of my kids, he would not have seen the light on the other side of the car door. Demean me but leave the kids out of it. You can be non confrontational, but when it comes to what children are exposed to, only the parents can control that. That behavior is totally NOT acceptable, nor should it have been..from ANYONE!!!

I think if it were me, the next time I saw that jerk, he would most definately be made to apologise to my kids. Nothing less would be accepted. If he refused, then I would make sure everyone knew his actions.

You can't fix ugly and this guy has shown his ugliness. One thing is, he will always be ugly. His personality is totally ugly.

BREN28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BREN28 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 6:03pm
post #40 of 62

people like that have to say mean things about other people,its a way of making themselves feel superior,when really they are just trash! i commend you on having self control,something i don't have (anymore).when i was younger,i used to just smile and turn the other cheak when someone would make a rude comment,but once i got married and had children,something happened. i couldn't keep my mouth shut,and i had to respond to anybody who made a rude comment or even made a comment jokingly.i made sure my comments were worse than thiers or embarrassed the hell out of them just so that they could see what it was like to get a comment like that and then they would think twice about being rude to me or anybody else. there was no way i would let anybody make a bad comment to me in front of my kids though, some how, i thought if they see me let someone get away with a comment like that,it would be like saying its ok for someone to demean me. no way i would let that happen!! i also have a husband who is very protective of me,if he even thought someone was being mean to me,he would make them sorry they were! everybody is different, and they handle these situations differently,but i am so sorry you had to put up with that jerk,and i wish i was there... better yet, i wish my husband was there to kick the crap out of him!!

Kayakado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kayakado Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 7:45pm
post #41 of 62

I am not pretty or even considered good looking, but I am smart, clever, hard working, great sense of humor, and I can do most anything I set my mind to. If I was pretty and could get by on my looks alone, I may never have been challenged enough to find out how good I could be.

Nobody, is that ugly except that man who made that nasty comment. Your DH obviously sees your beauty and that's what matters. Keep the inside pretty and confident and the outside will shine too.

I once made a big stink to PBS about one of their commercials where this native american celebrity stood there and told about how ugly one of his teachers had been. I was furious that PBS could broadcast such a hurtful statement, considering we have no real control over our looks. We have to live with the looks we are born with unless we have the money to change them. I ranted at them over how dare they reinforce this kind of attitude. I must have not been the only disgruntled viewer. They pulled the ad not long after.

ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 7:50pm
post #42 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayakado

I am not pretty or even considered good looking, but I am smart, clever, hard working, great sense of humor, and I can do most anything I set my mind to. If I was pretty and could get by on my looks alone, I may never have been challenged enough to find out how good I could be.

Nobody, is that ugly except that man who made that nasty comment. Your DH obviously sees your beauty and that's what matters. Keep the inside pretty and confident and the outside will shine too.

I once made a big stink to PBS about one of their commercials where this native american celebrity stood there and told about how ugly one of his teachers had been. I was furious that PBS could broadcast such a hurtful statement, considering we have no real control over our looks. We have to live with the looks we are born with unless we have the money to change them. I ranted at them over how dare they reinforce this kind of attitude. I must have not been the only disgruntled viewer. They pulled the ad not long after.

When I read this, I thought you meant "southern ugly". Do you know what I'm talking about? "Stop being ugly." "She was so ugly to me." "That was an ugly thing to say." Moms say that to their children a lot when trying to correct them.

I much prefer that usage of the word. Ugly meaning behaving in a mean or rude way.

I guess you didn't mean that, did you?

See? Here in the south, it would be the man who was ugly. icon_smile.gif

wgoat5 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 7:51pm
post #43 of 62

Today is one of those days that I think it doesn't matter anymore. I try to be helpful .. if anybody ever needs anything they call me.. and they know they can.. without anything ever being expected back .... My looks have nothing to do with this.. I think it is a dream that everybody feels pretty sometimes.. I want to feel pretty... Just once... pretty..

Aliwis000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aliwis000 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 10:14pm
post #44 of 62

You are pretty, I have never seen you but have seen many of the posts you have written on here. As a child I too was made fun of and it made me do things I am not proud of. But I realized one day it wasnt worth it. I realized that every time I just "sat there and smiled" at their words I was agreeing with them. These days I stand up for myself, and although sometimes my mouth opens up a little too fast I know that I would rather think "maybe I was a little to quick to tell someone off" then to lay in bed at night knowing I didnt stand up for myself, that kind of anger will eat you up inside.

Your story really hit home for me, and I hope that one day you too will realize what an amazing TALENTED! lovely individual you are.

~Alicia

nancylynwallace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancylynwallace Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 10:28pm
post #45 of 62

CHRISTI!!! YOU ARE NOT UGLY!! You are always so sweet and kind to me when you answer my questions! The ugly a..hole is that male...I won't even call him a man who said that to you. I wish that I could have been there, I would have slapped the tar out of him. Beauty comes from within GIRL! I have always been overweight and was teased constantly about it in school. A wise old woman told me that I was the most beautiful person that she had ever met, because she looked beyond the cover and looked at the inside. Don't you dare cry another tear..DO YOU HEAR ME!! (((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))).

Hugs,
Nancy

TC123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TC123 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 2:00am
post #46 of 62

Hi Christi ~ I'm just seeing this post for the first time and feel inclined to add to the rest of the CC'ers rallying for you. I hope you really are feeling better and that everyone's support here is helping you, too. SHAME (!!!) on this person for making such rude, inappropriate and FALSE statements about you!

I don't need to see a picture of you to know that you are beautiful. I have seen your posts and your work and I believe that you are a very kind, sweet, helpful, (and yes!) beautiful person who has SOOO much to offer! Please try to put this experience behind you, and please don't be so hard on yourself. Your husband, children, family, friends, and fellow CC'ers love you just the way you are! icon_smile.gif

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 11:30am
post #47 of 62

First off, I'm a smart aleck, so I would never have been able to handle myself as gracefully as you did.

I hate how I always think of a comeback way after the fact, but maybe you can file it away for future reference...

"I can always have plastic surgery to make me beautiful. Too bad but there isn't any way to fix your being an a$$hole."

wgoat5 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 12:23pm
post #48 of 62

icon_biggrin.gif

You all are not only helpful but can get a good laugh out of me always!! icon_smile.gif

AJsGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AJsGirl Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 3:57pm
post #49 of 62

Well, you can't be THAT ugly. After all, you have a beautiful family. icon_smile.gif

And I agree that beauty is on the inside. Understand that people will rarely remember your face, but they will ALWAYS remember how you made them feel.

As for the drunk jerk, I would have smiled politely and said, "Excuse me, but your jack-a$$ is showing." icon_wink.gif

And this is a good teaching opportunity for your children as well. Point out how obnoxious and hurtful his behaviour was, and how you may not be able to control how you look, but you can always control how you treat people.

Christi, I don't know you, but I know your posts, and you are one of the most supportive and caring people on this forum. Physical beauty is not where it's at. Much better to be a beautiful person on the inside, than a beautiful person on the outside with no character or substance.

wgoat5 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 4:53pm
post #50 of 62

icon_smile.gif

you all are making me weepy.. I love this site for the caring and support you all give!!!

BigTexinWV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BigTexinWV Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 8:19pm
post #51 of 62

Christi

Reading your original post made me so mad that I wanted to cry. I want you to know I am so unbelievably jealous of you. Your cake skills are so awesome. I have so many of your pics saved to my computer to give me inspiration.

YOU ARE MY MUSE!!!

Please print these messages off and tape them somewhere that you can see them every single day. When you are feeling bad whip one of these babies out and read it. Because I think that a lot of people here on CC really think you are beautiful and we want you to know it every single day!!!

lbass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lbass Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 2:53pm
post #52 of 62

I wish I could sit beside you in your classes. Your work is AWESOME and
I would be in awe that I was sitting beside wgoat5. Caking is my hobby and I look to yall as my "celebrites" ( I know, I'm silly!) Anyway-----
BIG HUGS TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

lbass

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 3:12pm
post #53 of 62

I always worried what my daughters friends said to her about her mom being the "fat mom" when I'd go to school and help with activities. I am always the "fattest mom" there and it bothered me. Then I realized that it was more important that I was there, not how I looked when I was there. At least I was THERE helping.
When I met my husband I was a "fat" 120 pounds. Well, 23 years later I have added 100 to that fat 120 - part medical issue, mainly sweets issue - but my family still loves me and that is more important than some idiots comments.

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 7:51pm
post #54 of 62

I'm sure you are not an ugly person like this shallow person has said to you. You might not look like a Super Model, but you are beautiful in the inside.

I am short, only about 4'10, but my husband who is 6'3" and very good looking married me for who I am and he is very happy with me.

Do not hate your looks just because someone told you you're ugly. This person is very shallow, stupid and ignorant.. Does this person look like Brad Pitt or Ben Afleck ? If not, next time tell him to kiss your know what. You are not the kind of person who would do what this AH did to you, but you just have to fight back and defend your dignity in a way. Don't just put up and shut up and be a door mat to this animal.. say something back. Well he started it.. I'm sure besides an A$$hole, this person is no way in He(( a perfect one. When we die, we all look the same, skeletons.

Cheer up, you are a beautiful person!! icon_smile.gif

jtarahs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jtarahs Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 3:22am
post #55 of 62

Christi, I am new to CC and I have been blown away by all of the loving responses you are getting from your baking friends. FORGET ABOUT BEING UGLY! Hold your head up and rejoice in all of this love that people have for you. Celebrate your life with your children and husband every moment you have with them. You are stronger than you think. I hope you keep a smile on your beautiful face all day!

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 4:19pm
post #56 of 62

It's hard to smile when you're hurting in the inside icon_smile.gif

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 1:58am
post #57 of 62

Christi, you say that you want to feel pretty just once, pretty. What is pretty to you? Is it just the way you look or is it how you feel? I think that if it just about looks, just remember, it takes lots of $$$ to keep those looks, so you can say it is vanity, not beauty. If it is how you feel, then you need to look deep inside yourself and realize that you are blessed with a husband that chose you over anyone else, kids that love you and your talent and goodness that comes out everyday. It is only in your mind how beauty looks to you. You are justified in feeling down because of what someone with an ugly mouth says. As hard as it is, you have to realize that you are a beautiful person because you want to be, a not because of what someone else thinks.

I was the youngest of five children and I was put down on a regular basis either because of my height, weight or lack of music ability and I was not as smart as my siblings. I turned out very shy throughout school with no real friends. I also had a very strict father who would not allow any friends that I might have had to come over. I say all this because I was depressed most of my life and just went through the normal routines in life and just brushed off the ugly stuff that was said to me. Now, I tell myself that I try to do the best that I can do and help as many people as I can and I live a busy life. I have come to realize that there are so many people that would give anything to have just a little be of the normal life that I have. So many people less fortunate and with horrible disfigurements. I have just quit my job working with special ed children so that I can take care of my MIL and mother because of their illness. I love my life now because it makes me feel good.

If you had your dream to become pretty, then you would have to wake up each day and figure out how to keep on looking pretty and miss out on all the real things that count in your life.

That's just my 2 cents worth and next time some idiot says something ugly to you just look them straight in the eye and just say, "I might be ugly to you, but at least I'm not a moron and a drunk with no manners."

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 4:57pm
post #58 of 62

I just saw this.

Man this guy deserves everything that Karma is going to throw at him.
People like that get their just deserts in this life time, don't you worry.

Please don't let insensitive jerks get you down. People that let crap like that out of their mouths, are generally very insecure and think that being jerks makes them stand out and better than everyone else. Unfortunately its just as true in the adult world as it is in High School.
Beauty fades but a caring heart and being beautiful on the inside doesn't, and its worth a whole lot more.

I knew this girl in High School who was the definition of beautiful, but on the inside, she was the ugliest and most insecure person I've ever met in my life.

I don't know what you look like, but you obviously must be a beautiful person, after all your husband chose you and your children love you. Thats the definition of beauty, not the window dressing that some people are hung up on. You can buy external beauty- just look at hollywood- but you can't buy the beauty you have.

I would gladly sit next to you in class, maybe some of that talent you have so much of would rub off on me.

If you want chutzpa and I will come over (Im sure she wont mind) and we will hold him down and rub a skunk butt all over his face (don't worry we will give the skunk a bath afterwards, wouldn't want the poor creature stuck smelling like jerk). Then we will take turns slapping him. That way his outside will match his inside.

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 5:38pm
post #59 of 62

I have met people I thought were gorgeous! But after spending just a little time around them their beauty faded.

The same is true when I have met someone who I thought hmm.....not so pretty then they turn out to beautiful to me.

My mom always taught me pretty is as pretty does!

You are beautiful Christi! Keep being beautiful!

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 6:55pm
post #60 of 62

Whew!! This is about the first thread on CC that I have read that I totally agree with everyone!! So we all agree on one thing -- Outward beauty is only skin deep -- Real Beauty is on the inside and is in the eye of the beholder!!

Now -- Christi girl -- you had better save me the seat to your left at the Class in Evansville in February!!! (I am extremely right handed and tend to stand to my right while working/decorating -- so I want to be sure I can copy off of you as much as possible during the classes!!)

I too - am overweight -- have been all of my life -- have tried every diet possible -- and am still battling today! I can honestly say that I will still be overweight next February 09!! I hope to be NOT as overweight as today -- but could be even more!! I have also agonized about going to these classes and worrying about my size and the fact that I really don't know anyone that will be there -- but we will all have the love of cake decorating in common -- and I bet we will have a great time!

So Christi - if you will grant me the opportunity -- I would love to sit beside you - even on the front row - (I'll leave my Methodist tendancy for the back row at home!LOL!)!!

You are a beautiful person -- don't ever doubt that.

Now to the acne -- I have several friends that have encountered this same probably around your age and even older. I have one friend that travels 3 hours for lazer treatments (she is a little eccentric!). But others have used ProActive. My daughter used this too up until about a year ago (she is 23). It works really well and she especially liked the mask creme that you could put on a specific zit and leave it on all night. I know there are products at WalMart, Target, etc -- that are probably the same thing -- just available instantly instead of having to order them (& cheaper)!

I also saw your avator -- and you are really cute -- do not let this drunks words linger in you any longer!! I'm sure noone knows you better than your DH and you know he loves you and adores you as well as your children so those are the words that you need to listen too!

I can't wait for the class in February and I hope to be friends with you and others before we arrive!! Oh - and I would love to have a roomie at the hotel too!! If you aren't already paired with someone else! PM me anytime -- I'm always ready for a great conversation!

Suze

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%