Sticking Chocolate Leaves To A Cake

Decorating By fairykitty Updated 31 May 2008 , 12:13pm by wgoat5

fairykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fairykitty Posted 30 May 2008 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 3

Hello everyone! This is my first ever post and I am very excited about this amazing website! So, here goes... I am making a birthday cake for my boyfriend's 30th birthday. I have found 2 designs which I am going to amalgamate alongside one of aine2's figures but they are very complicated. The main difficulty is that I am going to have to stick chocolate leaves all over a cake (my bf is a tree surgeon) and I'm not sure of the best way to secure them. I wonder if anyone can help? The link to the cake design I am using is:

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc12/toastandtables/4-6.jpg

I really hope that someone can help as I would to be able to pull this off successfully! xxx

2 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 31 May 2008 , 12:09pm
post #2 of 3

Seems to me you ought to be able to just stick them into the buttercream.

What say the rest of you CC'ers?

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 31 May 2008 , 12:13pm
post #3 of 3

First of all WELCOME to the site icon_biggrin.gif

as for the leaves... the first layers should stick well..but even with bc with the weight of the leaves they might start sliding down... I would try to use some sort of glue.. maybe RI or gumglue (mine consists of water and tylose powder) .. let the first layer set up before you start adding the leaves that are on top of those... looks like the bottoms aren't stuck on so... what you might need to do then IS use the gum glue and add some to the top bottom side of the 2nd layer of leaves.. stick them on the bottom layer and hold in place till dry..

Might be tricky but very doable icon_smile.gif

And I love the different look of that cake icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%