Funniest Thing You Have Ever Read On A Cake

Business By lilyanddayne Updated 12 Jun 2008 , 5:55am by Homemade-Goodies

lilyanddayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilyanddayne Posted 30 May 2008 , 2:01am
post #1 of 29

I'm just curious as to what the weirdest or funniest thing you have ever seen written on a cake. Mine is ...for my surprise baby shower, my DS called Sams to order a sheet cake and specifIcally said how she wanted it decorated and that she wanted it to say "welcome baby" in yellow. So our dad went to pick it up for her and he never even looked at it...just like most men..anyway my cake said "WELCOME BABY YELLOW"!!!!!My sister was mortified, but it was soo funny people still talk about it 3 years later.
YET ANOTHER REASON NOT TO BUY A CAKE FROM SAMS!

28 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 30 May 2008 , 5:28pm
post #2 of 29

Yet another reason why every cake decorator has to be meticulous in getting the details!

Denise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denise Posted 30 May 2008 , 5:42pm
post #3 of 29

before I started decorating I ordered my son and my nephews graduation cake from WalMart...my nephew was valedictorian. It was supposed to say

Congratulations Jarrod and Brandon on your graduation!

It said

Congratulations Jarrod and Brandon on your gradution

Tasted worst than than cardboard - it went in the garbage.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 30 May 2008 , 5:51pm
post #4 of 29

there was a cake on here from walmart that someone ordered and they called and said they wanted a cake that said something to the effect of
Goodbye Jan and then underneath that they wanted
We'll miss you!

They wrote on the cake
"Goodbye Jan
Underneat that
We'll Miss you"
They actually had the photo of the cake too!!!!! That's gotta be the funniest thing I've ever seen!!!

oh wait, I found the photo!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_razz.gif
LL

smoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smoore Posted 30 May 2008 , 5:53pm
post #5 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyanddayne

I'm just curious as to what the weirdest or funniest thing you have ever seen written on a cake. Mine is ...for my surprise baby shower, my DS called Sams to order a sheet cake and specifIcally said how she wanted it decorated and that she wanted it to say "welcome baby" in yellow. So our dad went to pick it up for her and he never even looked at it...just like most men..anyway my cake said "WELCOME BABY YELLOW"!!!!!My sister was mortified, but it was soo funny people still talk about it 3 years later.
YET ANOTHER REASON NOT TO BUY A CAKE FROM SAMS!

icon_confused.gif Was the baby jaundice??? icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

lilyanddayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilyanddayne Posted 30 May 2008 , 8:48pm
post #6 of 29

NO SHE WASN'T JAUNDICE, HER NAME IS LILY.
SOME PEOPLE STILL ASK ABOUT BABY YELLOW THOUGH. IF I CAN FIND A PICTURE I'LL POST IT.

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 30 May 2008 , 10:04pm
post #7 of 29

Years ago before I started doing cakes, I worked for a retail giant as an administrative assistant. We were celebrating selling the 500,000 of some shirt. So they wanted like 5 full sheet cakes to celebrate. So I called the local supermarket to order the cakes. I asked them if they could do an editable image on the cake of this shirt. They said sure. I get a call a couple days later saying that they can't put the image on there because the model is copy righted. Ummm...ok. They were like. Well we can cut it so her head isn't there. I was about to pick up the cakes so I said go ahead. When I got there, I was looking at 5 full sheet cakes with a headless shirt. They cut the head off but left the models arms. It was the creepiest thing I had ever seen. I then had to tell them take the arms off too. So then I was left with a shirt, that had a womans form. It was sooo weird. Wish I had a picture....

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 31 May 2008 , 12:16am
post #8 of 29

I just heard this story...i don't know who it happened to...

this lil couple was getting married...they want a little simple cake for the small reception...

they ordered it....when they came to pick it up they were agast at the big floppy colorful gawdy flowers all over the cake...in the middle written in orange..." a few small white roses, no color, no script please"

SweetArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetArt Posted 31 May 2008 , 3:02pm
post #9 of 29
Quote:

SOME PEOPLE STILL ASK ABOUT BABY YELLOW THOUGH. IF I CAN FIND A PICTURE I'LL POST IT.

I had someone order a baby shower cake that said "In Honor of Baby Lavender". icon_confused.gif (Most recent pic in my photos.) First off, "In Honor of" sounds like they died. Second, they named the kid Lavender?!? It was just strange. icon_rolleyes.gif

SugarplumStudio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarplumStudio Posted 31 May 2008 , 3:38pm
post #10 of 29

I just did a cake last week for a kid I work with for one of his roommates, He wanted " Happy Birthday Buttmunch" written on it. I asked, "Are you sure?". he said, 'You should hear what he calls me." Nice friends, huh? LOL

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 12:32am
post #11 of 29

These are funny! I havent had anything strange written on my cake, but when I placed a order at a supertarget, I asked for them to make a cake that was in their cooler, I wanted 1 identical only 2 weeks later. I picked it up on dd b-day, and it was horrible! They spelled her name Dakoto, when it is actually Dakota. My dd is standing in the bakery of target crying. Another grocery side manager felt so bad, and she had no cake decorating training, (according to her, she's never even baked a cake), but she yamked another non decorater, and they worked their butts off for 30 minutes to fix my dd's cake, I felt so much love for them for that. I guess I should say my dd wasnt making a scene, she was crying, but not loudly, and no one was noticing but this lady. She had tears in her eyes going down her cheeks.

clopin0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clopin0 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 5:02pm
post #12 of 29

This one's not as funny as some of these other ones - I personally thought it was ridiculous. This past weekend, I had to make a cake for a church reception for those people getting baptized, confirmed, and received into the church. For some reason, I was focusing mainly on the confirmands. Since there were several, I just wrote "God Bless You on Your Confirmation". Then it dawned on me that the cake was also for people not being confirmed. I had to scrape off the icing of 1/2 of the cake and then use the last of my icing to re-ice it. So then I just wrote "God Bless You" in pretty big letters, thinking that this would easily cover everyone. After I wrote it, I stepped back and thought to myself "That's what you say when someone sneezes!" It became known to my friends as the sneeze cake. Luckily, they cu!t that half of the cake first and everyone forgot about it once they tasted it!

ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 6:22pm
post #13 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetArt

Quote:

I had someone order a baby shower cake that said "In Honor of Baby Lavender". icon_confused.gif (Most recent pic in my photos.) First off, "In Honor of" sounds like they died. Second, they named the kid Lavender?!? It was just strange. icon_rolleyes.gif

I smiled because I know someone with the last name Lavender.

dinas27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinas27 Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 6:44pm
post #14 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise

before I started decorating I ordered my son and my nephews graduation cake from WalMart...my nephew was valedictorian. It was supposed to say

Congratulations Jarrod and Brandon on your graduation!

It said

Congratulations Jarrod and Brandon on your gradution

Tasted worst than than cardboard - it went in the garbage.

this reminds me of when I worked in a grocery store bakery after my first year of university. I rarely had to write on cakes but I hated it! First off because I NEVER write script I always print. I would be concentrating so hard on not messing up the writing that I would spell it wrong - especially something long like anniversary, then I would have to scrape it off and start all over again. I started writing things out on scrap paper before so I didnt have to think about it - just go letter by letter what I had written down

AND I would always get people to spell out the name they wanted - some people would get annoyed and then it would turn out an odd spelling that they wanted. Darren, Daryn, Darin, Darryn, Darrin, Derren!

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 6:46pm
post #15 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by clopin0

This one's not as funny as some of these other ones - I personally thought it was ridiculous. This past weekend, I had to make a cake for a church reception for those people getting baptized, confirmed, and received into the church. For some reason, I was focusing mainly on the confirmands. Since there were several, I just wrote "God Bless You on Your Confirmation". Then it dawned on me that the cake was also for people not being confirmed. I had to scrape off the icing of 1/2 of the cake and then use the last of my icing to re-ice it. So then I just wrote "God Bless You" in pretty big letters, thinking that this would easily cover everyone. After I wrote it, I stepped back and thought to myself "That's what you say when someone sneezes!" It became known to my friends as the sneeze cake. Luckily, they cu!t that half of the cake first and everyone forgot about it once they tasted it!

lol that's really funny. icon_biggrin.gif

thems_my_kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thems_my_kids Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 3:55pm
post #16 of 29

When I was in college, one friend got a cake for another friend's birthday and had written on the cake, "Happy F***ing Birthday" But really written out, not starred!

thems_my_kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thems_my_kids Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 4:01pm
post #17 of 29

When I was in college, one friend got a cake for another friend's birthday and had written on the cake, "Happy F***ing Birthday" But really written out, not starred!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 2:38pm
post #18 of 29

I just had to do a hawaiian themed retirement cake last night and they wanted "May your coconuts be big and your straws long, we'll miss you" not sure what to think of it??? I couldn't figure out if it was harmless or a sexual connotation or what???? kinda weird. I'm thinking maybe aBIG drink in a coconut with a straw that needs to be extra long cuz you're laying back relaxing????????????? I dunno.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 6:13pm
post #19 of 29

[quote="KHalstead"I'm thinking maybe aBIG drink in a coconut with a straw that needs to be extra long cuz you're laying back relaxing????????????? I dunno.[/quote]

Not what I was thinking.....

famousamous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
famousamous Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 8:08pm
post #20 of 29

My husband has a running "joke" going with his family about how cheap he is and how if he buys something everyone will know about it. One year he ordered a Kroger cake and them write "Happy Birthday Mom, from your son Tony" LOL

mad11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mad11 Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 9:16pm
post #21 of 29

One of the people at work ordered a cake from a local bakery for Christmas. We have people of different cultures and religions working here so he thought he would be cute and have a "politically correct" cake made. It had Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, etc. It ended up being hilarious because everything but Merry and Happy were spelled incorrectly.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 10:45pm
post #22 of 29

This thread reminded me of my birthday cake in college, which I had forgotten about...This is kind of long, but I want to make sure the nickname is explained!

I had a heinous roommate freshman year, and one of my friends gave me an album of REALLY obnoxious punk rock sings to play in order to drive her from the room. Well, that worked, but I started to like the album, so I'd play it every now and then. The girl who lived across the hall from me was the daughter of missionaries, and she was totally taken aback at this album, and she'd come into my room and tell me how evil it was, and that I was evil for listening to it. My other roommate, who also liked the album, started calling me the Queen of Evil as a result.

So one year she and one of my other friends went to the grocery store and ordered a birthday cake that said "Happy Birthday to the Queen of Evil." She said that they had big plans to get it, but then when they got up there to order it they realized what they were asking someone to write, and they almost chickened out, but they went through with it. The decorator gave them really weird looks, apparently, but I got my cake! icon_biggrin.gif

Aliwis000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aliwis000 Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 11:05pm
post #23 of 29

These are funny!

When my sister turned 13 she wanted the princess cake from disney from Kroger...but being the usual teen she had to have something different, she had them write "Happy Birthday you Sexy Beast" on it. The lady taking the order almost hurt herself lol.

Pama2d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pama2d Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 11:11pm
post #24 of 29

Sam's is notorious for screwing up cakes it seems... I had a co-worker who ordered a graduation cake for their son Patric. They wrote out on a piece of paper what they wanted written on the cake: Congratulations Patric. In ( ) under what they wanted written on the cake, they wrote: Patric - without a K. That is exactly what was written on the cake:
Congratulations Patric, Patric without a "K". You would think that would be common sense to not write that one a cake... but they do!!

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 11:20pm
post #25 of 29

There was a running joke between my mom and her best friend Nonie about ways of finding a personalized cake for my mom, because of her unusual first name (Iva). The joke come and went thru the years, and when my mom moved from California to Washington State, her friend had a going away party which featured a beautiful half sheet cake written atop: "Happy Bar Mitzvah Ivan" with the N of Ivan 'kind of' smeared away. Many people didn't know the joke behind it, so it was fun watching their reactions!

When my mom moved back to California some 20 years later, I gave her a party as well, and borrowed the same cake inscription. Mom loved it!

Cakenator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakenator Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 10:05pm
post #26 of 29

Sorry your Grandpa died... poo poo.

chrissysconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissysconfections Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 12:03am
post #27 of 29

I had a cake order last year that was odd all the way around. The youngest daughter of 5 children ordered a male anatomy cake for her mother's birthday.....the inscription? "Happy Birthday B*tch!"
Apparently in their circle this is her nickname and one she is extremely proud of but I sure felt funny writting it. It gets many laughs when someone looks through my "little black book" of naughty cakes!

imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 1:50am
post #28 of 29

this isn't the funniest but it's just my sense of humor.
my friend travis made our wedding programs and wouldn't let us pay him -not even for materials. so i ordered his favorite cake from his favorite bakery and when it was time to pick out a design i decided on a picture of a sumo wrestler (because it was the wierdest of the choices) and had them write "Happy Barmitzvah Sol".

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 5:55am
post #29 of 29

Rollin' with laughter....that's soooooooooooo funny, imagine76!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%