Please Help Me Price My Cookies! I'm New At This And

Baking By twinsmake5 Updated 31 May 2008 , 12:19am by twinsmake5

twinsmake5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsmake5 Posted 29 May 2008 , 7:54pm
post #1 of 6

struggling with pricing. Don't want to price too high or too low either. These are for a 1st grade teacher at my kid's school. She wants 30.
LL

5 replies
cakekrayzie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakekrayzie Posted 29 May 2008 , 9:57pm
post #2 of 6

i was like you when pricing my cookies but i came up with something that works for me and maybe it might help, i used the spread sheet to calculate how much it costs me to make a batch of dough, a batch of frosting, and the type of bags i use the cost per bag, and whenever i have to make cookies i figure about how many cookies i can get out of each batch and divide it on the spread sheet, factor in how may batches of frosting and get a price of what it would cost to make, decorate, and bag each cookie, then depending on design i add to each cookie for example it costs me about .50 cents to make a baseball cookie, baseballs are not very hard to decorate so I charge a dollar a ball, but for something harder i charge anywhere form 1 to 2 dollars extra. your cookies are beautiful so i figure how much per cookie, i think you should charge about 2 for each of your cookies. I hope this helps

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 29 May 2008 , 10:10pm
post #3 of 6

Don't forget to factor in the time it takes to decorate them. I'd charge $1 per inch. Those are about 3" cookeis right? So $3 each or $90.00 for 30 of them. If she wants them bagged up individually then that would be extra. icon_smile.gif

cakekrayzie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakekrayzie Posted 29 May 2008 , 10:14pm
post #4 of 6

i agree jkalman

aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 30 May 2008 , 10:34pm
post #5 of 6

I agree with $3 each.

twinsmake5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsmake5 Posted 31 May 2008 , 12:19am
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone. I did email her - she had said she'd check a couple bakeries around here. Since we are new in town, I don't know of them. We agreed to avg. the 3$ here on CC with her findings. I got back an email - $3 is fine - she can't wait to get the cookies. The teachers at the elementary school are overwhelmed and I'm overwhelmed too at the response! This teacher replied that she gave my website to all of her student's mom's who have summer birthdays. Boy, how I wish I was legal!!!

Thanks for your posts! becky

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%