Anyone Else Get This Pm?

Decorating By summernoelle Updated 30 May 2008 , 2:04pm by summernoelle

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 29 May 2008 , 6:57pm
post #1 of 15

I really hope that I am not being rube by asking this, but I got this PM today, and was wondering if anyone else did? I am a total skeptic about this type of stuff, and always wonder if it is a scam. Because, seriously, why would they pick ME and my cakes over all of yours? If anyone else got this, let me know. I changed her name to X, just in case.

"My name is X and live in Norway. In norway am I one of the three owners from www.festkaker.no a cake internetsite for those who love to bake and decorate cakes.
Every month invite we one quest to answer questions from our members about her/his cakes and tecniques.
So am wondring if you would be our quest for June next week? I know there is a time difference from 8 hours so think it is up to you to find a time that fitsicon_biggrin.gif
Reason I chose you is because of the wonderfull cakes you make. Would be nice to learn some more about your tecniques.

Any way if you have any questions you can ask me on xxxxxxxx

Really hope you will and can be our questicon_biggrin.gif

kind regards,
X"

14 replies
luvbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbakin Posted 29 May 2008 , 7:03pm
post #2 of 15

No not me. Your cakes are wonderful....so maybe it's for real???

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 29 May 2008 , 7:10pm
post #3 of 15

Nope. Not me. Sounds like it's real though and Mrs. X likes your work. As long as you aren't entering credit card or other sensitive information, I would check their site out and oblidge them (maybe Mrs. X doesn't speak english well but is still legit.) thumbs_up.gif

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 29 May 2008 , 7:47pm
post #4 of 15

I'm going to agree with the others. Sounds legit to me.

summernoelle Posted 29 May 2008 , 7:50pm
post #5 of 15

OK, thanks for the replies! I will go ahead and respond then....

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 29 May 2008 , 8:38pm
post #6 of 15

Very cool it's a great compliment.

Mike

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 29 May 2008 , 8:47pm
post #7 of 15

sounds alright to me and the website is real but... it's all in some other language or other. is that really so practical...? dunno...

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 30 May 2008 , 5:20am
post #8 of 15

It's in Norwegian, of course. I read Norwegian and it is serious. Three gals have their website and they have tips and recipes and lots of pics.

Why impractical, or, rather, why must it be practical? Isn't it fun when others look at our cakes and our websites?

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 30 May 2008 , 5:33am
post #9 of 15

Your cakes are wonderful! No wonder they got in touch with you. How cool! Your blog is great too.
~Jen

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 30 May 2008 , 10:08am
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by chutzpah

It's in Norwegian, of course. I read Norwegian and it is serious. Three gals have their website and they have tips and recipes and lots of pics.

Why impractical, or, rather, why must it be practical? Isn't it fun when others look at our cakes and our websites?

Oh, sorry, I wasn't clear. icon_redface.gif I meant how would you be a guest and answer questions if you can't understand the language.

cakehelp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakehelp Posted 30 May 2008 , 10:34am
post #11 of 15

I read Norwegian too, and I live like an hour from the Norwegian border. I couldn't see any previous interviews on the site, but it sounds like they want to chat with you in real time, so it might not be saved. It seems like a totally legit cace community to me. Take it as a compliment.

And, cakedecoratinsmything, you know that just about everyone outside the US speaks english icon_wink.gif so the language issue won't be a big thing.

cakehelp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakehelp Posted 30 May 2008 , 10:35am
post #12 of 15

Can't believe I misspelled cake icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif I meant legit cake community of course...

Gefion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gefion Posted 30 May 2008 , 10:52am
post #13 of 15

festkaker.no is a real cake community and a bunch of very very nice people to boot. You should have no worries whatsoever about them.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:30pm
post #14 of 15

Wow what a compliment!!! You do awesome work!!! And inquiring minds wanna know icon_wink.gif

summernoelle Posted 30 May 2008 , 2:04pm
post #15 of 15

Yeah, I think it is cool,too! But my first thought was, did they send this to EVERYONE just to see who bit at the chance? So, I am excited that it seems like the real thing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%