Cake Spikes With Decorative Flower On Top - Where To Buy The

Decorating By Bela38 Updated 29 May 2008 , 4:52pm by diane

Bela38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bela38 Posted 29 May 2008 , 4:46pm
post #1 of 2

I'm looking for those wire cake spikes that you see on many of the cakes on cc. They appear to be wire and I assume you can make something decorative out of fondant or gumpaste (butterfly, flower) and stick it on the end of the spike and then place the spike on the cake making the decorative piece look like it's just floating over the cake. I'm sort of new at this. Does anyone know what kind of wire that is and how the entire thing is put together? I would really appreciate it for a cake I'm doing in about a 2 week. Thank you so much.


1 reply
diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 29 May 2008 , 4:52pm
post #2 of 2

floral section of michaels, hobby lobby, or craft stores. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%