Seattle Sweetex Or Hi Ratio Shortening? Where To Get?

Decorating By Rocketgirl899 Updated 11 Jun 2008 , 4:54pm by pugmama1

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:43pm
post #1 of 7

I am traveling to Seattle for 3 months and have 4 cakes to make!

I have fallen in love with Hi ratio shortening but the only place I can find it is in Seattle is at Cash in Carry.... in 50 pounds boxes!

I only need half that (or less).... the cakes are small.

Anyone know where I can get the stuff? I will be in the Tacoma area but have no problem driving to get the stuff. My only other option is to buy it here and ship it, but that stuff is heavy!

Thanks!

6 replies
weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 29 May 2008 , 11:34pm
post #2 of 7

I dont know of a place you can drive to but Alan at Global Sugar Art has it in stock!

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:32am
post #3 of 7

Ya, I figure that is my last resort. Thanks
!

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 30 May 2008 , 10:13am
post #4 of 7

You also can buy them from Country Kitchen Sweetart. Here is the link for that,

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/mini.aspx?T=1&ShopId=38&CatId=532&SubCatId=1069

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

nicolepa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolepa Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 9:45pm
post #5 of 7

Wich Casy & Carry did you find it at, Tacoma? I went to 3 in Seattle and none of them had it. I did find it at the Cake Decorating Supply store on Roosevelt in Seattle. She sell's it for $1.25/pound in 2 pound increments. I asked her what brand it was and she said she "thought" it was Sweetex.

I don't know what the price was at Cash & Carry, but if you found it near where you are going to be and you really need 25 pounds or so then it will probably be about a wash pricewise to drive to Seattle and get it. That's about 40 miles each way.

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 12:21am
post #6 of 7

ok, i don't mean to hijack your thread, but does anyone know of anyplace in NC where I can find hi-ratio or sweetex?

pugmama1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pugmama1 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 4:54pm
post #7 of 7

I live in Federal Way, just north of Tacoma, WA. I bought 50 pounds of Sweetex yesterday at the Cash and Carry in Kent. I gave some to a friend but still have more than I can use. It was $77.45- a good price I thought. I think I would be willing to part with some so that it would be put to good use before it deteriorates. E-mail me and we could get together. By the way, I would like to know if it freezes well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%