Weird Request From Dd My Friends.. Please Look

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 4 Jun 2008 , 12:08pm by Kiddiekakes

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:45am
post #31 of 67

Hi Shelby!!

I have a Sydney that is 11, going to be 12 in aug. She isn't allowed on myspace either...or facebook. She does do Club Penguin, Webkinz, and Girl Sense though and loves those. She also just created her own account right here on CC so that she can choose her own favorite photos and not have to share space with dear old mom!! icon_lol.gif I know that she would love to get to know you if you're interested. Tell mom to pm me and we'll take it from there. thumbs_up.gif We live in Missouri about 35 miles south of St. Louis. Nice to meet you and take care girlie!!! icon_biggrin.gif Oh Yeah! We have Six Flags Over Mid America not far from us too!!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 29 May 2008 , 4:25am
post #32 of 67

Hello guys Christi here icon_smile.gif

CC wouldn't let Shelby post before she went to bed.. said ERROR 404 or something like this.. but let me tell you the girl was in tears... for all those who have kids that would be able to be pen pal buddies I think she wants to take you up on that!!! icon_smile.gif

SHE absolutely LOVED seeing the posts from all over the posts and she took a lot of your invitations to come and visit LITERALLY LOL... she was like.. I wanna go there.. I wanna go here LOL

So with this she will post tomorrow when she gets up out of bed LOL

Thanks again!!! You all are sooo great!!!!

icon_smile.gif

Batter-UpBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Batter-UpBakery Posted 29 May 2008 , 4:48am
post #33 of 67

Your welcome Christi/Shelby. I understand how it is. My DD is always wanting to write somebody lol. And I mean it, if she wants to either email or snail mail my DD Kaitlyn she can. I was telling Kaitlyn about it earlier and she was like OMG I wanna talk to her mom. lol

wgoat5 Posted 29 May 2008 , 4:55am
post #34 of 67

Oh most definately Jennifer.. I am ALL for her wanting to do something besides sit on a myspace page and get NOTHING out of it but bad.. when she can make friends by penpalling (is that even a word? LOL ) AND not only making friends... but learning about different parts of the country and different parts of the world icon_wink.gif .. Thanks again!!!!!!

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 29 May 2008 , 6:18am
post #35 of 67

Hi Shelby -

I have an 11 year old daughter and guess what?? She is dying for a Myspace and I won't let her have one either so maybe you guys could penpal and comiserate. Do you have brothers and sisters? We have 4 in our house, a 14 year old brother and two other sisters, 9 and 7....all of which drive her bananas. Her name is Jamie, btw. I will PM your mom with our email if you want to talk with her icon_smile.gif Take care!! (Your Mom sounds pretty cool to me, lol.)

Christine

elvisb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvisb Posted 29 May 2008 , 6:29am
post #36 of 67

Hey Shelby from Iowa!

I won't let my daughter have a Myspace either. She's 10. I do let her have WebKinz though. They're just like epets from Walmart only cuter! icon_smile.gif She loves to make new friends too. If you have a Webkinz, have your mom PM me and I'll give her my daughter's screen name. You guys can be friends! (She has the pink poodle and named it Hannah Montana.)

Take care hun!

miss_sweetstory Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss_sweetstory Posted 29 May 2008 , 6:37am
post #37 of 67

Hello Shelby, from England, UK!

It's terrific that you are such a people person.

My kids are 9, 3 and 2...so probably not pen pal material yet; but if you have questions about England, or would like a postcard once in awhile, just ask. Have fun!

Ann

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 29 May 2008 , 6:45am
post #38 of 67

Hello Miss Shelby!!!! Tell your mama I said you can say hello to me anytime I call!!! I have one of these as well, thinks she needs to say hello to everyone I'm talking to, conveys hi's and hello's to everyone I'm messaging through myspace, and asks me to comment on cakes in her words all the time.

You're a good mama Christi, keep 'em off myspace. TOOO SCARY!!! Zoe and Brandon love webkinz and Build a bear. Try them out for her. I suppose next time we chat, we could always surrender the phones to our girls...then we'd really NEVER get a chance to chat!!!

Sparklepop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklepop Posted 29 May 2008 , 10:19am
post #39 of 67

Gidday Shelby from Australia.

Hope you're having fun with all these posts. Get mum to bring you down here icon_lol.gif we'll have a great time. Don't come now though cause it's winter here, wait till spring or summer thumbs_up.gif

disneynutbsv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disneynutbsv Posted 29 May 2008 , 11:46am
post #40 of 67

Hi Shelby! I have a dd your age! Are you going to take after your mom and decorate?

dinas27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinas27 Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:59pm
post #41 of 67

Bonjour Shelby!

My name is Erin and I am from Edmonton, AB Canada. I think its great that you want to meet more people! I'm 22 and not on MySpace, or Facebook which seems to be the big thing here. There are a lot of scary people out there.

Its great that so many people on here have given you penpal options. I would also make a suggestion to try find a penpal that doesn't speak English, it would be a great learning experience to have to translate and write Spanish, French or Italtian (and so many other possibilites) especially if you are taking a language in school. Ask your teacher if she/he has any International connections.

If your penpals fall through... and sometimes they do, consider writing to seniors at carehomes who are often very lonely.

You sound like a very bright young woman, soon you will be able to volunteer, perhaps at a local hospital or nursing home, I did this all through high school and most patients LOVE to have young people around.

Good luck with the penpalingness (now that is definately not a word!)

Erin

To everyone else...
I have also heard that the CIA has put together a facial recognition system that goes through all the pictures on Facebook... thats an invasion of privacy to me!

AJsGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AJsGirl Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:09pm
post #42 of 67

Hi Shelby! I'm Crystal from Atlanta. And my daughter who is 9 and son who is 8 are not allowed to have MySpace either. Trust your mom, she knows what she is doing and you will THANK her one day!

Maybe you would be interested in becoming pen pals with my daughter and son? They have been looking for a pen pal, too, especially one in another state!

Have a good summer, stay out of trouble and listen to mom.

Crystal

wgoat5 Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:13pm
post #43 of 67

After chores my Shelby will be posting LOL so don't be suprised if ya get some pm's icon_smile.gif

Thank you all so much for the support icon_smile.gif

Us mom's need to stick together!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

tatetart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatetart Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:17pm
post #44 of 67

Hi Shelby!!

kaytdid516 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaytdid516 Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:25pm
post #45 of 67

I also have an 11 year old daughter going on 16, she loves to write, email (with me looking over her shoulder), text message, etc... and I won't let her have a Facebook or a myspace either. I am such a bad Mom, I won't let her instant message too!

If your daughter is looking for someone to write to PM me and I'll give you her information.

Kathy

MeMo07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MeMo07 Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:26pm
post #46 of 67

Shelby,

Hi! How are ya? Your mother makes some amazing cakes, and I find myself reading so many of her posts......Try not to worry about the Myspace thing....I know it's hard whenever everyone else is doing it, but really, it's old news now- too many creepy people! icon_smile.gif

I'm Megan, and I'm 21. I live down south in Sweet Home Alabama! I've been married for three years now, and I have a one year old son. He just got his first haicut!

You are more than welcome to email me, and if you would like a written penpal, I would be more than happy to write you that way too- I love the feeling of getting something fun in the mailbox!

I hope you have a great day-And trust me.... Cake Central is ten times cooler than Myspace..... icon_smile.gif

bambuf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bambuf Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:27pm
post #47 of 67

Howdy, Shelby, from Oklahoma "where the wind comes sweeping down the plains..."! icon_biggrin.gif

cheeseball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheeseball Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:47pm
post #48 of 67

I love this goofy group icon_lol.gif Hey from Belize, Shelby (yeah, I know, I had never heard this place either until a few years ago; it's a tiny country tucked under Mexico)!

mariej162 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariej162 Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:47pm
post #49 of 67

Hi Shelby, from Marie in St Lucia, the Caribbean. Paula Dean from Food Network was here last year. After you are finish helping all these people in the US, you can visit here.

MeMo07 Posted 29 May 2008 , 3:02pm
post #50 of 67

Edited as requested.

I'm eating cake. It's wonderful. icon_smile.gif

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 29 May 2008 , 3:14pm
post #51 of 67

Goededag Shelby, from The Netherlands (also known as Holland)... I am American, but I live here with my Dutch husband and our 6 yr old daughter, Clementine.

Holland is known for its delicious cheese, clogs, rows and rows of tulips, many canals, much history and quite a few famous painters, like Rembrandt and Van Gogh (you wouldn't BELIEVE how his name really is pronounced!!! You'd need a spit-guard!)

Amsterdam is the country's capitol, but I live about 20 minutes north of there in Purmerend. Here is a link to read of our city: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purmerend (It's in English.)

I had many penpals when I was a girl, in the dinosaur days before home computers. icon_wink.gif And actually met my husband as a computer penpal 10 yrs ago. Carefully managed, computers can be heaps of fun - like your mom enjoys here on CC (me too!!!). My daughter already enjoys fun films on www.youtube.com and game sites (in Dutch), as well as her WebKinz account. She has a beagle named Dylan (a girl), and she cannot sleep at night without her, or her Hello Kitty eyemask - isn't that silly???

Clementine and I would love to penpal with you, Shelby, if you'd like...go ahead and pm me for my addresses. And hon, you are more than welcome to visit us in Holland, try to make it that week it doesn't rain! hahaha

~Tanja

MeMo07 Posted 29 May 2008 , 3:27pm
post #52 of 67

Understood, and I removed most of my post.

*Takes deep cleansing breaths*

icon_wink.gif

dinas27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinas27 Posted 29 May 2008 , 4:28pm
post #53 of 67

Shelby
I found a site that caters exactly to what I spoke about in my first post, to learn a new language through penpal.
http://www.europa-pages.com/penpal_form.html
There is also a section that you can send your teacher to if you would like to have your whole class participate in a penpal exchange.

and one just for young people
http://www.kidsmc.com/penpal/index.html

Hope this helps, I think you will have a very busy summer writing letters!

Erin

MeMo07 Posted 29 May 2008 , 4:41pm
post #54 of 67

Shelby-

A cool fact about where I live is this- If you've ever seen the movie Tom and Huck- (With Jonathan Taylor Thomas, and Rachel Leigh Cook!) part of it was filmed about five miles from my home. I live in a VERY small town ( More cows that people most likely! icon_smile.gif ) so it was a big deal!

It was the cave scene, and it was shot in a place called Cathedral Caverns, and it is the worlds LARGEST natural cave opening. It holds SIX world records! When you go to the very end of it, they turn off the light for a minute. You know how when you are in a dark room, your eyes gradually adjust and you can at least see outlines and such? Well, in this cave, they say that if you turned off the lights, your eyes would NEVER adjust, because absolutely NO light makes it back there! Only your flash light!

Here are some pictures I found online...

http://www.pbase.com/pittman/cathedral_caverns

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 29 May 2008 , 4:52pm
post #55 of 67

Hello Shelby from the U.P. of Michigan where we are still wearing our winter jackets icon_confused.gif My dd is 8 and loves people too and my ds is 10, but is more shy.

Listen to your mom about myspace. It's a bad bad place. Thank god my kids have no clue what it is.

Are you still in school yet? Our kids were out May 22nd. You have a GREAT SUMMER!!!

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 29 May 2008 , 5:00pm
post #56 of 67

hi shelby-my daughter is 11 going on 16 too- we're from collinwood ontario canada. if your mom would ok it you could pm meghan (dd) through me- she loves getting email and CC is a great way to make friends-but i agree with mom about myspace-you just don't know who you are talking to.

smoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smoore Posted 29 May 2008 , 5:02pm
post #57 of 67

Hi, Shelby! I know just the position you're in! My DD will be 10 this July and is going through the same thing you are. I not only won't let her go on MySpace or Facebook, but won't let her get a pen pal through a pen pal site because I'm too afraid of some weirdo pretending to be a 10 year old girl! I know I'm a freak, but I love her too much! I did set her up with a pen pal (a daughter of someone I graduated high school with), but the only problem is, my DD sent several messages, but hasn't gotten any back yet. icon_sad.gif If you'd like to have my daughter Alli as a pen pal, have your mom pm me and I'll give her all the information she needs so you guys can write non-stop! icon_smile.gif My DD's last day of school is tomorrow and she hasn't seen this, but would LOVE a surprise e-mail from a new pen pal that actually writes! icon_smile.gif

BTW - We're from Arcanum, OH ... not too far from KY, depending on where you're at.

minkiemoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minkiemoo Posted 29 May 2008 , 5:03pm
post #58 of 67

Hiya Shelby - jumping up and down and waving to you all the way from England, hope you can see me thumbs_up.gif Have a great day sweetie.

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 29 May 2008 , 5:22pm
post #59 of 67

Wow...I have not read all the post but a quick Hi! to Shelby. I love your name - it was my best friends name when I was in Jr High.

wgoat5 Posted 29 May 2008 , 5:37pm
post #60 of 67

hi, my name is shelby christene goatley as yu know. I am so happy that my mom got started on this website. Everyone is so nice. I have always asked mom for all her friends addresses. I am ready to get my own pen pal. This time I don't have to ask mom for an address. I can't wait for me and my new pal to write.
I would just like to thank you all that left a post.
your KY friend shelby

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%