Food Coloring Markers & Ladybugs...

Decorating By Pama2d Updated 28 May 2008 , 10:53pm by Pama2d

Pama2d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pama2d Posted 28 May 2008 , 8:23pm
post #1 of 6

I have to make ladybugs for a cake that I have coming up. I found the cutest ladybug mold and plan to press in red fondant to get the shape. What I'm wondering is if I used the edible markers to color in the black portion of the ladybugs, will that work and will it dry to the touch? I have never used these markers before. If not, any suggestions on another way to color that portion in?? Thanks for the help!!

5 replies
tippyad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tippyad Posted 28 May 2008 , 8:35pm
post #2 of 6

The Wilton Edible foodmarkers do dry. Allow your fondant to dry first before writing on the ladybugs.

Pama2d Posted 28 May 2008 , 8:46pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you!!!

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 28 May 2008 , 8:55pm
post #4 of 6

...just wanted to jump in with an additional question. Can you buy just the black marker from wilton or anyone else?

tippyad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tippyad Posted 28 May 2008 , 9:14pm
post #5 of 6

I've only seen them sold in a pack of 5...red, yellow, green, blue and black. They're not expensive at all. Especially if you use a Michael's coupon. FYI-you can use Michael's coupons @ JoAnn's Fabrics

Pama2d Posted 28 May 2008 , 10:53pm
post #6 of 6

Just FYI... I just bought the primary colored set: red, green, blue, yellow, and black at JoAnn's, they are $7.99. They also have a neon set with the pink, purple, black, and two other colors that I can't think of right now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%