Gelatin Desings

Decorating By milliegonza Updated 15 Jul 2008 , 11:50pm by bobwonderbuns

milliegonza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milliegonza Posted 28 May 2008 , 6:41pm
post #1 of 8

Hello everyone: I have asked the instructions of the designs in gelatin. First, using a fine wire that comes in gold and / or silver, I do not know what is the name of the wire. You give the desired shape, (not to be very large because the design breaks the bubble that forms gelatin). Have a little patience because doing these designs often are broken and have to be done again.

Recipe:

5 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon illuminator (Super PEARL) white
paste coloring to desired shade
2 tablespoons gelatin powder (KNOX) colourless

You can use half the recipe if you do not have many designs to do.

Place the water, the iluminator (Super PEARL) and color in a glass container. Sprinkle gelatin until moistened. Important - do not stir with any utensil because bubbles are made and those emerging in the design. Bring the water-bath until it is dissolved. Place designs and gently remove. Turn around and let them dry (on a piece of "foam") at least one hour.

7 replies
EmilyGrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EmilyGrace Posted 28 May 2008 , 6:49pm
post #2 of 8

Thanks for the instructions! Your cake is beautiful!!

chocolatecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolatecake Posted 28 May 2008 , 6:57pm
post #3 of 8

THNAK YOU! That is beautiful!

vrmcc1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vrmcc1 Posted 28 May 2008 , 7:14pm
post #4 of 8

How awesome!! I cant wait to try this. One question what is illuminator (Super PEARL) white ?

Thanks Val

carmenid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmenid Posted 28 May 2008 , 8:24pm
post #5 of 8

I think that by Illuminator she means luster dust and double boiler for water bath.

Thanks for again for sharing the recipe! No puedo esperar a tratarla. icon_smile.gif

CakeDesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDesigns Posted 28 May 2008 , 8:47pm
post #6 of 8

It is the super pearl dust and you can do without it if you don't need the shine.

I thought I seen a how-to from ShirleyW on how to make gelatin wings which is the same technique but I cannot find it now. I just found this link:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-50662-gelatin.html

This is a tutorial from another member:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules/Forums/files/dragon_fly_1_172.pdf

ShirleyW adds this tip:

Quote:
Quote:

Very similar to the way I make them but I do have a tip for you. When you dip the winged shaped wire into the gelatin, drag it out over the edge or rim of the cup. If you dip and lift it straight up from the center the bubble of gel bursts as soon as the air hits it.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 29 May 2008 , 12:29am
post #7 of 8

I have never seen this technique before -- I'm looking forward to trying it! Thanks for sharing!! icon_biggrin.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 11:50pm
post #8 of 8

I'm glad this came up -- I'm taking a gelatin butterfly class in August with Michaelle Stidham -- she does this with a wireless technique. Either way I haven't done this before. I can't wait!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%