Marshmallow Fondant Question

Baking By Katie0316 Updated 28 May 2008 , 6:59pm by Katie0316

Katie0316 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie0316 Posted 28 May 2008 , 1:17pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all,

I made marshmallow fondant for cookies yesterday and it came out a bit too stiff. So, when I placed it on the cookies, it was a bit thicker that I would have liked. My question is - because it's thicker, will the fondant harden up too much? The cookies are for Friday so they'll be sitting for a while (wrapped of course). Do I have to start over?

Thanks!

4 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 28 May 2008 , 2:06pm
post #2 of 5

They should be fine. I've put MMF on cookies and it hardens up a little bit but everyone still eats it with no trouble, even a few days later. It's still not as hard as royal icing icon_biggrin.gif I think the butter in the cookies helps keep it soft.

After this, if your MMF comes out a little stiff, just pop it in the microwave for a few seconds before you work with it...not too long or you'll melt it and burn yourself when you pick it up, but long enough to warm it up to about body temp.

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 28 May 2008 , 2:33pm
post #3 of 5

You can add a bit of Crisco. Rub it on you hands (wear gloves for easy clean up) and then knead the MMF. If it's still too stiff, add a few drops of water, this should do it. Heating in the microwave does work but it will be stiff the next time you want to use it, if there is any left over.

millicente Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millicente Posted 28 May 2008 , 5:51pm
post #4 of 5

I have never had MMF to be too stiff.

Katie0316 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie0316 Posted 28 May 2008 , 6:59pm
post #5 of 5

I wish I knew that yesterday while I was rolling it out (so hard!!!). Thanks!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%