Bronwen Weber In Washington State...

Decorating By pokeyanne Updated 11 Jun 2008 , 4:35am by onebigdogmama

pokeyanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pokeyanne Posted 28 May 2008 , 4:25am
post #1 of 12

Is anyone taking the class that Bronwen Weber is teaching next weekend in Lynnwood? I want to but not sure I can spend the $275.00 for the class right now. icon_cry.gif The class is on airbrushing and sculpting.

Has anyone taken this class before? Is it worth the $275.00? I'm sure it is but I just need reassurance before I shell out the money. I'm very tempted. icon_lol.gif Perhaps if I do I may meet some of you local CC'ers. icon_wink.gif

So, if anyone has taken a class with Bronwen can you tell me about your experiance? TIA!

11 replies
onebigdogmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onebigdogmama Posted 28 May 2008 , 4:47am
post #2 of 12

I saw that in Dawn's Candy Calendar. I would like to go, but my son's wedding is coming in Sept and saving for that. icon_cry.gif I did tell my hubby that if I did go I would stay at son's and drive up. He lives in Puyallup too--just moved off base at Ft Lewis! I have heard that the experience is great. She is doing 3 classes. It is on my list...one day I'll make it to a BW class. icon_rolleyes.gif

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 28 May 2008 , 5:39am
post #3 of 12

OMG are you kidding me? I'm so glad I ran across this...got to check it out!

ladyonzlake Posted 30 May 2008 , 2:12am
post #4 of 12

I'm signed up...Whoo Hoo!! She actually has 3 classes, the 7th, 8th, and 9th. I got the last opening on the 7th!! I'll let you know how it went!

onebigdogmama Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 4:39am
post #5 of 12

Hey Ladyonzlake,
How was the class with Bronwen? Did you have a great time? Please share your experience with us. icon_cry.gif TIA

adobewife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adobewife Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 5:00am
post #6 of 12

I took the Sunday class, and it was awesome. We did a sculpted bull dog. I think everyone had success. Bronwyn was just so great, she has a really zany personality, down to earth, and has such funny stories. I saw her several times just step in and help someone redo a whole step, so that they came away with something that they were really proud of. If you ever have a chance to take a class from her, do so. You will never regret it, I wish that I had been able to take the advance class, they did a full size parrot on a branch.

ladyonzlake Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 1:36pm
post #7 of 12

Class with Bronwen was so much fun! It was an amazing experience and I wish I could have done all 3 of the classes! My class was the airbrush class and for our final project we sculpted a 2D fish out of a 9x13 cake, frosted, fondant and then airbrushed it. Here's my picture.

Bronwen has a wonderful spunky personality and she shared with us that she is engaged to her assistant Francois (sp?) aka "Frankie". The wedding is in October and she said they would not be making their wedding cake. It'll be exciting to see who does make it and what it'll look like!
LL

adobewife Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 9:40pm
post #8 of 12

Franki was great! They were really funny. Some off-colored conversation came up during part of the day, and WOW! he could blush right up to his cute little bald head. You could tell that they work together everyday, they were really in sync and they were very professional, but fun the whole time. In fact if you didn't know that they were engaged wouldn't have ever guessed.

adobewife Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 9:41pm
post #9 of 12

By the way, Jacqui, GREAT FISH!

ladyonzlake Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 9:48pm
post #10 of 12

Thank you! It was so fun to walk around class and see everyone's fish! They were all so different and unique.

adobewife Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 10:03pm
post #11 of 12

That's how it was with the dogs too. Bronwyn kept walking around, patting all the puppies on their "cute little round behinds", to funny! Every little pooch had its own personality. I would have loved to have done the parrot. It looked really cool, and I would love to do a cake built on an inner structure like that. I'm hoping Dawn will give me a peek at hers.

onebigdogmama Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 4:35am
post #12 of 12

Jacqui your fish it too cute!! Oh man I wish I could have taken that class. I am going to have to put it on my list. Adobewife your gonna have to post your dog.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%